These doTERRA peppermint brownies are my new favorite recipe. I am in love with doTERRA’s peppermint essential oil. I didn’t use to like peppermint until I tried doTERRA’s and now I love it, well, at least the essential oil. So I try to use it in my cooking whenever I can.
I especially love to make these brownies, because they are not only melted-in-your-mouth delicious, they are healthier than normal brownies. I love the sweet potato in these brownies because they make them so moist and rich. And, hey, any way to get more veggies in our life is good, right?
I often make these to bring to family or neighborhood parties, because they not only taste good, but people comment on how good the peppermint flavor is and it opens up the door to talk more about doTERRA and how they are the only brand of essential oils I would take internally and how good it tastes. I also love to serve them at doTERRA parties, because it’s a yummy way to get people to experience the oils many different ways.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make these peppermint essential oil brownies:
You can cut the brownies once they are done in any size you prefer. I cut them into 20-24 pieces so the servings aren’t so large, especially for any children eating them.
I would love to hear if you make these brownies and what you made them for. Please comment below and let me know.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Sweet Potato doTERRA Peppermint Brownies Recipe
These peppermint essential oil brownies are so rich and decadent and fudgy, thanks to the sweet potato.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium-sized Sweet Potato, (baked, skin removed, about 1 cup in volume)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey (or white sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3/4 Cup Light Spelt Flour (or all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour)
- 2/3 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Place the cooked sweet potato flesh, eggs, coconut oil , honey , vanilla extract and peppermint essential oil in the base of a food processor.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spelt flour, cacao powder, salt , and baking powder.
- Add to the food processor and process just until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful to not over-bake these, they are best removed when just set.
- Remove the brownies and let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the coconut milk .
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Whisk the melted chocolate and coconut milk together until smooth.
- Add in the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Let set at room temperature for 30-45 minutes, or until cooled and thickened. Add peppermint essential oil. Add one drop at a time and taste test until desired level of peppermint is reached.
- Frost the brownies with the ganache and cut into squares. Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 157
Keywords: Rich, Decadent, Fudgy