Why use an essential oil scanner?
You may or may not have heard of this little device you hold in your hand while it scans you and tells you exactly which doTERRA products your body wants at that exact moment in time. Seems like something out of Star Trek, huh? Well, it does remind me of those scanners they use on Star Trek but it is real and it works and don’t let anyone tell you it doesn’t. I’ve seen it work far too many times to believe otherwise.
Since I have this blog I have people email me a lot and ask me what oil to take for certain health conditions. First of all, I can’t answer them because of FDA regulations and even if I could, there is a long list of oils that may or may not be able to help you with the problem you THINK you have.
Why I say think is because you may be focusing on the symptom and not the cause. However, the iTOVi scanner will automatically focus on the cause and not only the cause but the highest priority cause for your body at that moment. It’s quite powerful.
So when someone asks me what oil to use for this or that, I wish I could just have them do a quick scan with my iTOVi. That’s what we do in our house and with our family and friends. It takes all the guesswork out of which oil or oils to take and saves us so much time and money. I really wish they didn’t cost so much so everyone who is a doTERRA member could just buy one.
How does iTovi work?
The system is a tiny handheld device you hold in your hand and then you have an app on your phone you use to tell it to start a scan, for who and if you want to scan for oils, supplements and/or kits. You also have the ability to determine how many results are listed in a scan. The choices are 3, 5, 7, or 10. You can choose how many you want to see. It takes about two minutes per scan and you don’t feel anything.
I won’t get into the complicated science behind it, but it sends tiny electrical signals to your body over and over again and sees how your body responds to them. The signals are the frequency of each doTERRA product so it basically ranks each product and tells you the ones that your body wants the most.
For some people, this seems crazy and like a scam but if you think about it, we use technology similar to this already in our lives. My scale measures my body fat % this way and my FitBit measures my heart rate this way.
Why did I buy ours?
Before I bought the scanner I was so tired of trying to guess which oils to use. It’s so frustrating reading the books or hearing testimonials from others and it seemed like different oils worked for different people. Or I would have a health issue and I didn’t know what was really causing it and I felt like I could spend forever guessing about it.
I felt like I was wasting a lot of money trying a lot of oils and some worked great but others didn’t. I’ve also been signing up a lot of people for doTERRA and it was so hard to recommend certain products to them.
So let me back up a bit and tell you about how I came to join doTERRA . Several years ago I had a friend that posted on Facebook all the time about doTERRA and it sounded interesting but I didn’t need one more healthy thing to spend my money on.
Then my daughter got sick and I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have my friend come do an essential oil scan with a different scanner and see if anything came up. My friend came and scanned the entire family and made up little sample vials for everyone in our family. Then something crazy happened.
We all felt so much better for a week or so until we ran out of the oils. So we signed up – and bought a ton of oils when we did – cause we wanted to buy all the oils that came up on all our tests.
Then we used the oils for about six months and had so much success that we decided to start this blog and share it with others. The problem is that the friend who we signed up under, moved out of state so we weren’t able to do a scan with her anymore.
I kind of forgot about the scan and didn’t know what it was called – until recently. I kept hearing so many people say how great the scanner was. I researched and decided to go for it and purchased it to help us with some health issues we were struggling with finding answers to.
Examples of our scans
We have been very happy with our scanner. It’s so great because it gives you a list of oils that will help you in order of importance. Here are some examples of when I have been impressed with it:
- It suggested that I take black pepper essential oil, which I thought was odd but I started taking it internally – 2 drops 3 times a day. And an issue I had been really struggling to find a solution to was really improved. Then I looked up black pepper and it said it helped this problem. I had never heard that before and it helps me more than any other essential oil for this problem.
- I’ve been struggling to keep my urinary tract healthy for a year or so. I would take the standard protocol and it would help for a while then I would get lazy and forget to take my oils and it would stop working. My scan told me to take Juniper Berry essential oil so I gave it a try and it has helped more than anything and I haven’t had to take it again.
- Every time after eating popcorn I would get a little tummy ache. So I did a scan the next morning after eating popcorn and it told me to take Zendocrine Detoxification Blend. I did and felt tons better in 20 minutes. Normally I would take DigestZen Digestive Blend and it definitely helps, but Zendocrine helped me even more!
- I had stomach issues for a few days. Mostly my tummy hurt a lot and I burped stinky burps but that was about it. I couldn’t find anything that helped so I did a scan and it told me to take Zendocrine Detoxification Blend. Viola! Literally, within 20 minutes I felt tons better. It started hurting again a few hours later so I took Zendocrine again and that’s all it took. My three days tummy ache was gone. BTW, I take Zendocrine on a regular basis now and stopped taking a lot of other oils I was taking for similar digestive issues.
- I started feeling under the weather, so I did a scan and it told me to take black pepper essential oil, wild orange essential oil and Purify Cleansing Blend. I would normally take the On Guard + capsules and black pepper and wild orange are in it but when I made a capsule with just black pepper and wild orange, I could feel it working immediately and more powerful than in the blend.
- My son has bad dreams on occasion, anxious feelings and behavior issues. We’ve tried all sorts of oils for it (probably too many all at the same time) and weren’t having a ton of luck with it. His scan said to take thyme essential oil and lavender essential oil. We’ve had really good luck with the lavender and love it’s calming properties. Not to mention it’s way easier to only use one oil and we’re saving tons of money because it’s a lot less expensive than other oils we were using.
- The best part of it is that it’s so individual. Take a tummy ache, for example. It could be caused by so many different things and then even more treatment options. Where would a person even start? Scans have revealed for my tummy aches to take Zendocrine Detoxification Blend, my husband to take ginger essential oil and my friend to take cinnamon essential oil. All similar symptoms but a different solution to each problem.
Where can I read other iTOVI reviews?
I’m not the only person who loves their scanner. Check out their awesome reviews on Facebook:
How do I interpret the results?
It’s great because it tells you to take a certain oil and you don’t even have to know why. But the problem is that you don’t know what’s wrong. You may wonder why you should take that oil, so it makes it harder to know how to use the oil. So I suggest just reading the Modern Essentials book under the oil it suggests to take and that will usually give you a big clue. If it doesn’t, just keep an open mind about things. We’ve had the scan say we needed oils we didn’t know why and then a few days later it became very obvious why it said to take that oil.
How to get your iTOVi for free
Once you have your scanner and see how easy it is to use and how accurate it is, it is easy to start to use to build your business. People are naturally curious and want a scan to see what comes up for them.
This helps open the door to people you haven’t signed up before and you can use it in casual settings or in more formal ones, like in doTERRA classes. It can also be valuable to those already on your team and can be a motivation to get them to come to your classes.
If you use it to scan people you are signing up or who are already under you, you will likely find oils that work really well for them and there will be a lot higher chance that they will continue to purchase the oils (think LRP) or to sign up – it worked for me! Some Wellness Advocates even charge a small fee for those under them to use the scanner so that could definitely offset your costs.
So it can help you not only grow your doTERRA business but as people see how awesome the scanner is, some of them will want to buy their own. When they do iTOVI will pay you $50 for each referral. This, combined with it helping your business grow, can easily offset the cost of your scanner.
How to buy an iTOVi essential oil scanner
Interested in buying? Don’t buy your iTOVi scanner on Amazon or anywhere but their official website because the products could be faulty.
They have a monthly payment option and a one-time option. I did the one-time option because I didn’t want to have to pay the monthly fee for the rest of my life, even though the low initial cost was intriguing.