These sheet pan chicken fajitas are easy and taste really good. I mean, they aren’t totally authentic and don’t taste quite like chicken fajitas at a restaurant, but I love how I can have them marinating or cooking in the oven and I can do anything I want while I wait. I mean, while your dinner cooks, you can clean your house, help your children with homework, pick a child up from whatever after-school class they are in and have a few minutes left over to cook some tortillas.
Tips and tricks for this sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe:
- I make my own tortillas from scratch, so they are cheap, healthy and good. If you want to do that, I like this recipe – Clean Eating tortillas.
- Using store-bought tortillas is just fine too. Our family loves the uncooked ones from Costco. Just takes a few minutes to cook them and they are almost as good as mine (wink).
- If you don’t have essential oils, sub the same spices instead.
- Don’t use any essential oils that aren’t food-grade essential oils. You could get very sick if you ingest essential oils that aren’t good quality or have synthetic ingredients mixed in. That’s why I only use doTERRA essential oils.
- I also love to make these with the mini sweet pepper trios that come in bags at Costco or the grocery store.
- You don’t HAVE to marinate the chicken. It tastes better, but even if you just have 15 minutes for them to marinade, it’s a whole lot better than nothing. By the way, the marinade on these makes them easy to prep the chicken the night before and cut the veggies, then all you need to do the next day is throw everything in the oven. Easy peasy. Of course, that takes a bit of planning ahead, so I often forget to do that myself.
If you like these sheet pan chicken fajitas, you may also like these recipes:
doTERRA Oven-Baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
These sheet pan chicken fajitas couldn’t be any easier! I just throw the ingredients together and let them bake while I get tons of stuff done. Plus, they are healthy and tasty!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts, (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 large Onion, (cut into large slices)
- 2 Bell Peppers, (any color, sliced)
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 drop Oregano Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cilantro Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Real Salt Coarse Salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, oregano oil, cilantro oil, lime oil, paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the marinated chicken on the baking sheet, as well as the onion and bell pepper.
- Toss together and spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on tortillas and top with sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
Keywords: essential oil, chicken, Fajitas