Here you can learn about doTERRA ylang ylang essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about Ylang Ylang and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
Derived from unique star-shaped flowers, Ylang Ylang is often used to support healthy skin and hair, while simultaneously providing a calming effect and promoting a positive outlook.
- Apply Ylang Ylang to the back of the neck for a calming, uplifting effect
- Blend several drops of Ylang Ylang with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into back and shoulders to help reduce the effects of daily stress
- During the damaging heat of the summer, massage Ylang Ylang into your scalp to increase the appearance of healthy, shiny hair
- Add Ylang Ylang to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a deep hair conditioner
- Diffuse to lift your mood while experiencing a calming effect
- Promotes a positive outlook
- Ylang Ylang provides antioxidant support*
In one of doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing® locations, the Ylang Ylang flower is harvested by some of the hard working natives of Madagascar to produce doTERRA’s potent Ylang Ylang essential oil. The Ylang Ylang flower has been used for centuries in perfumes, religious ceremonies, aromatherapy, and wedding events, and the essential oil produced from this blossom is just as versatile. The many uses and benefits of Ylang Ylang oil can be obtained when used aromatically, topically, and internally. When ingested, Ylang Ylang essential oil has the powerful ability to provide antioxidant support, which makes it a cherished oil for bodily health.* Ylang Ylang is frequently used for its external benefits and can promote the appearance of healthy skin and hair. The popular fragrance of Ylang Ylang oil is often used in perfumes and aromatherapy treatments due to its rich scent and its calming and lifting effect on the mood.
Uses and Benefits
- Help transform your dreary mood to a cheery mood by using Ylang Ylang essential oil. Whenever you are feeling down or stressed, apply a few drops of Ylang Ylang to the back of your neck for a calming and uplifting effect. Due to one of Ylang Ylang oil’s main chemical constituents, germacrene, the oil contains natural abilities to soothe. Ylang Ylang is also known for its uplifting effects and is a great oil to apply when in need of an elevating boost.
- Don’t let the damaging heat of the summer prevent your hair from looking healthy and strong. Instead, use Ylang Ylang. Ylang Ylang oil is loaded with organic components that promote the appearance of healthy hair. To protect your hair from looking beat by the summer heat, massage Ylang Ylang into your scalp to increase the appearance of healthy, shiny hair.
- Fill your home with the rich and sweet scents of the tropical Ylang Ylang flower. This yellow, star-shaped flower is a gem of the aroma industry and its essential oil can be used to create a relaxing atmosphere. To obtain these delightful aromatic benefits, add a few drops of Ylang Ylang to your diffuser. This rich aroma will not just smell good, it will also lift your mood and promote a calming effect.
- Soak your stresses away with an incredible bath that will invigorate your senses and promote relaxation. For an ultimate bath experience, put Ylang Ylang into an Epsom salt bath. Due to the calming and soothing properties of Ylang Ylang oil, this bath will be just what you need to help you unwind after a long day.
- Are you struggling to see the bright side of things? Use Ylang Ylang aromatically or topically for a more optimistic perspective. Ylang Ylang is a powerful uplifting component and helps promote a positive outlook.
- Create the perfect massage blend for de-stressing with Ylang Ylang. Massages are a great way to help relax tense muscles and feelings and incorporating Ylang Ylang into your massage will provide the ultimate relaxing experience. Ylang Ylang is known and valued for its ability to soothe and calm the mood while also providing an uplifting effect. To create a powerful and effective massage blend that helps reduce the effects of daily stresses, add several drops of Ylang Ylang to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into your back and shoulders.
- Avoid the harmful chemicals found in deep hair conditioners and deep hair conditioning treatments, and go natural! Create your very own natural deep hair conditioner by adding Ylang Ylang to doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying it to your hair. Ylang Ylang oil contains great hair benefits that will leave your hair looking healthy and beautiful!
- Give your skin a little TLC with a Ylang Ylang aromatherapy steam facial. Steam facials are great for your skin. The heat from the steam helps open pores and, in the process, release bacteria and dirt from your skin. Including Ylang Ylang in your steam facial will help promote healthy looking skin and will also add a sweet scent to your DIY facial care.
- Ylang Ylang’s rich scent is well loved and has been used extensively for making perfumes. For a wonderful-smelling, natural perfume put a drop or two of Ylang Ylang on your wrists. This perfume will also give off a soothing and calming aroma.
- Support your body with Ylang Ylang. Ylang Ylang oil is known to provide antioxidant support.* To increase antioxidant support in your body, take Ylang Ylang oil internally.*
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.