Here you can learn about doTERRA wintergreen essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about wintergreen and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
- Wintergreen contains the same active ingredient as Birch
- Massage into hands, back, and legs for a soothing and warming sensation after exercise
- Place a few drops of Wintergreen on a cotton ball and place in your gym bag. Wintergreen’s strong scent will work to mask any odor
- Apply to skin to reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Diffuse for a sweet, uplifting aroma
- Commonly used in oral health products
As part of the doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, Wintergreen essential oil is sourced in rural regions of Nepal. The minty Wintergreen oil is extracted from the leaves of a creeping shrub and contains a unique chemical component called methyl salicylate. This chemical contains strong soothing properties and naturally occurs in only two plants worldwide—birch and wintergreen. Because of its distinctive natural constituents, Wintergreen oil is treasured for its topical benefits and is commonly used in lotions, creams, and oral hygiene products. The soothing sensations of Wintergreen oil also make it an ideal component for massages. Wintergreen essential oil has a prominent scent that is sweet, minty, and refreshing. This aroma can be both uplifting and stimulating to the senses.
Uses and Benefits
- Because Wintergreen oil contains rich chemical components such as methyl salicylate, it is an ideal oil for massages. For a warming and soothing experience, add Wintergreen oil to your post-workout massage. This will aid in renewing both mind and body. When using Wintergreen essential oil, remember that a little bit goes a long way, and make sure to dilute Wintergreen oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil to reduce any possibilities of skin sensitivity.
- Bring the freshness of Wintergreen into your home by placing a few drops of Wintergreen oil into your diffuser. The scent of Wintergreen ushers in the clarity of the open outdoors while adding the sweet, minty smell of evergreens. Along with its clean aroma, diffusing Wintergreen oil will help promote an uplifting and stimulating effect on the senses.
- Trying to mask unpleasant odors? You’re in luck! Wintergreen has a very strong and pleasant scent that will work to cover up powerful odors. Next time you go to the gym, place a few drops of Wintergreen oil on a cotton ball and place it in your gym bag. This will mask the smell of sweaty gym clothes with a sweet and minty aroma.
- After a long day, take some time to relax, and pamper yourself with a Wintergreen bath. Simply add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen oil to warm bath water and enjoy the soothing sensations of Wintergreen. The Wintergreen oil will help to soothe the body, and its aroma will have a positive and uplifting effect on the mind.
- Skin blemishes—everyone gets them. However, sometimes they can cause you to feel embarrassed or vulnerable. Get rid of that self-conscious feeling by incorporating Wintergreen into your daily routine. Apply Wintergreen to your skin to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and feel comfortable and confident in your own skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
4 drops Wintergreen
2 drops Douglas Fir