doTERRA Wild Orange Mango Body Butter Recipe
This mango body butter is easy and fun to make and lasts a lot longer than lotion.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: DIY
- Cuisine: Body
- Gently melt the mango butter * using your favorite method, stirring constantly. Ideas include a double boiler on low heat, in a small bowl inside a small pot or in the microwave in 5-second increments.
- You want it soft like butter…not liquid.
- Once melted, add the grapeseed oil * and mix well.
- Put the bowl the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of your freezer. You don’t want the mixture to be completely frozen but it should be thick enough that it’s not liquid.
- Take the bowl out of the freezer.
- Put on an apron and make sure the mixture is in a bowl that is deep enough so the butter does not start flying around everywhere in the kitchen!
- Add the essential oils to the mixture.
- Using a hand-held blender, whip thoroughly and spoon into glass containers. It could take several minutes.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter, making sure your hands are clean when you put them in your container or they could cause bacteria to grow in the body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept in the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that. Store properly, it will stay whipped up to 3 months.
This recipe was taken from doTERRA’s Living Magazine (Page 33) and we do not own the rights to the recipe content.
The “cook” time is the cooking time plus the freezer time.