When I first started using dōTERRA I was having one of those days where my bed did not want to let me go but my responsibilities were calling and I had to listen. You know those kinds of days, right? I wanted to have a good day even though I had a rough start. My friends had told me about some diffuser blends and I tried out my first blend of Wild Orange, Grapefruit, and Lime.
It was awesome! I felt immediately uplifted in a way I did not expect. I suddenly had so much motivation and I was happy and wanted to shout for joy! It turned my day around and started my habit of diffusing every day.
Wild Orange oil is one of dōTERRA’s most popular oils—and with good reason! Not only does Wild Orange oil have a variety of uses, but its invigorating, energizing aroma is hard to resist. One of my favorite ways to use Wild Orange is to add a few drops to my drinking water for a flavorful beverage.
I also love to combine a few drops of it with water in a spray bottle and use the mixture as an all-purpose spray for cleaning the surfaces around my home. As a citrus oil, it has cleansing properties that make it useful for purifying surfaces like countertops and tables throughout the home. Not only do I love having clean surfaces, but the all-purpose spray leaves behind a lovely citrus aroma!
With multiple health benefits and an energizing aroma that can uplift the mind and body, Wild Orange has become one of doTERRA’s top selling essential oils.*
- Contains Powerful antioxidants*
- Add a drop to your water for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health*
- During colder temperatures, take one to two drops of Wild Orange in a capsule to support a healthy immune system*
- During clean up, use Wild Orange to cleanse and purify countertops, tables and other surfaces
- To improve your home’s scent and to purify the air, place a few drops on your air filter
- Place one drop Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense in your hand. Rub hands together and inhale deeply for an energizing aroma
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent
- Before a stress filled day, diffuse for an energizing and revitalizing aroma
With countless uses for the home, body, and mind, it is no wonder that Wild Orange essential oil is one of doTERRA’s top-selling essential oils. The refreshing, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it popular for aromatic and topical use, while the citrus flavor of the oil can add extra zing to any beverage, appetizer, or entrée. A truly versatile oil, Wild Orange is vital for any essential oil collection.
Wild Orange addresses a wider variety of emotional issues than any other essential oil. It inspires abundance, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood, restores physical energy, and aids in transitions. Wild Orange also reconnects individuals with their inner child and brings spontaneity, fun, joy and play into one’s life.
Uses and Benefits
- Possibly one of the most distinct characteristics of Wild Orange essential oil is its powerful scent. The strong, sweet, citrus aroma of Wild Orange makes it useful for purifying the air, promoting and energizing an uplifting environment, or simply creating a pleasant smell in the home. To harness the purifying power and aroma of Wild Orange, place a few drops on your air filter at home. This will improve your home’s scent while simultaneously purifying the air.
- The purifying properties of Wild Orange are not only useful for cleansing the air, but you can also use the oil to cleanse surfaces around the home. Similar to Lemon, Wild Orange can be used to wipe down frequently used surfaces around the home when you want to cleanse and purify them. Not only is Wild Orange helpful for purifying your kitchen table, countertop, or anything your family might use frequently throughout the day, but it can also be useful when cleaning the bathroom. Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
- Want to add the delicious taste of Wild Orange to your breakfast? We have the perfect recipes that will add a little zest to any morning when you might be feeling sluggish. If you are a fan of French toast, you will love this recipe for Wild Orange French Toast & Buttermilk Syrup. After experiencing the exciting twist on this classic recipe, you’ll never want to go back to eating plain French toast for breakfast. If you don’t have enough time to make French toast in the morning, you can make these Blueberry Wild Orange Muffins ahead of time and enjoy them all week! With other delicious flavors like cinnamon , blueberry, and coconut, these sweet little morsels will provide a peppy start to your day.
- While many people diffuse Wild Orange to purify the air, this oil can also help uplift mood and increase feelings of energy. At the beginning of a stress-filled day, consider diffusing Wild Orange to provide a revitalizing aroma that will help get you through any task. If you are feeling a lack of energy in the late afternoon or early evening, you can diffuse Wild Orange to help lift your mood and increase awareness.
- Another unique attribute of Wild Orange is its ability to polish wood furniture—a characteristic commonly found among citrus essential oils. You can easily make your own furniture polish at home by combining olive oil, vinegar, and Wild Orange into a spray bottle . This concoction will give life to old tables, chairs, or wood floors by getting rid of dust that often makes furniture look dull. Learn how to make this polish by following the instructions in our DIY Furniture Polish blog post.
- People love the invigorating, uplifting scent of Wild Orange. While the scent of Wild Orange can be enjoyed as you diffuse the oil, you can also apply Wild Orange oil topically to take advantage of its energizing properties. For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops of Wild Orange in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense. Then, rub the combination on the back of your neck to maintain uplifting feelings. If you want to feel energized first thing in the morning, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your body wash for an invigorating shower.
- Wild Orange oil has the ability to support the immune system when needed most.* During cold weather months, consider adding one or two drops of Wild Orange to a capsule to help support a healthy immune system.* If you often drink tea, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your favorite tea when you want to support your immune system.* You can also simply add a drop of Wild Orange to a glass of water every day to add flavor and promote overall health.*
- Looking for ways to use Wild Orange topically? The fresh, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it a pleasant addition to any homemade beauty products. Try making this DIY Whipped Body Butter the next time you want to add a little extra moisture to your skin. With ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil , Grapefruit, and Wild Orange, your skin will be smooth for days after you apply this citrus body butter. After you moisturize your skin, don’t forget to give your lips some TLC with this Orange Creamsicle Lip Balm that uses Wild Orange to give you a natural lip balm with a delicious flavor.
- While Wild Orange is a scrumptious addition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it is also commonly used in beverages and smoothies. When making a smoothie, the possible combinations of fruit and essential oils are endless! Want a delicious smoothie that uses the sweet flavor of Wild Orange? Take a look at this Wild Tropical Smoothie that combines the lovely flavors of mangos, strawberries, and pineapples with the distinct taste of Wild Orange. If you want a healthy smoothie to help you start your day on the right foot, check out our Tropical Colada Smoothie with vanilla TrimShake and Wild Orange. It will have your taste buds jumping for joy!
Testimonials from other Wild Orange users:
“I use it as a perfume! Once when I was sitting in a waiting room a little boy kept running over and shyly smiling. So I would wink or smile or wave, and after I winked, he ran back to his mom and said, “Mom, MOM! That lady smells like sunshine!” I’ve worn it ever since!”
“I’ve offered it to my students at the end of our yoga class to enhance their savasana experience and promote calm.”
“I drink it, put it in chocolates, use as perfume, diffuse it for energy, use it in lotions and lip balm, and use it in homemade cleaning products! It is so yummy smelling, tastes great, but has marvelous cleansing properties, and it is very inexpensive!”
“I put it on my throat and it opens my voice up tremendously.”
“I use it for grief. When my cousin passed away I put it on my temples and palms. It took the sharp edge off of my grief and allowed the healing to begin.”
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
doTERRA Wild Orange Uses
Wild Orange Diffuser Blends