If you would like to learn about Vetiver Essential Oil Uses with food recipes you have come to the right place. I explain all about doTERRA vetiver and all the ways you can use it and how to use it. I think you’ll be pleased.
- After a day of standing, apply to feet as part of a soothing massage
- After a difficult school day, apply to your child’s neck and feet to promote feelings of calm
- Is rich in sesquiterpenes, which gives it a grounding effect
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions
- Before traveling for business or relaxation, take one to two drops of Vetiver with Lemon in a capsule for immune-supporting properties*
- After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing aromatic massage
- Use as an earthy base note in your favorite DIY diffuser blends
- Used in many popular perfumes
Vetiver Essential Oil Uses Product Description
The roots of the vetiver plant are unique in their ability to grow downward, creating a thick tangle of roots in the ground. The root of the hearty vetiver plant is the origin of Vetiver essential oil, and produces a fragrance that is earthy and strong. This aroma has been used among many perfume industries and is a notable characteristic of Vetiver essential oil. Vetiver oil is composed of multiple sesquiterpenes, allowing Vetiver oil to have a grounding effect on emotions. This grounding effect makes Vetiver oil a commonly used essential oil in massage practices and topical and aromatic uses. Vetiver essential oil can also be taken internally to support a healthy immune system.*
Vetiver Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- When experiencing anxious, unnerved, or stressed feelings, use Vetiver oil aromatically or topically. Vetiver essential oil is rich in sesquiterpenes, which contain grounding properties. When used on the skin or inhaled, Vetiver essential oil can help provide a calming and grounding effect on emotions.
- Aid your immune system by taking Vetiver essential oil internally.* Vetiver oil contains immune-supporting properties and is a great way to fortify your immune system.* For healthy immune support, place a couple of drops of Vetiver essential oil into a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take it internally.*
- School can be taxing and sometimes stressful for children. After a difficult day at school, help your child relax by applying Vetiver oil to your child’s neck and feet. This will help promote calm and grounded feelings.
- Give your body a little TLC with a Vetiver essential oil bath. For best results, fill the bath tub with warm water and add a couple of drops of Vetiver essential oil the water. These simple steps will provide you with an ideal bath that is perfect for deep relaxation. The aromatic benefits of Vetiver oil will also aid in creating a soothing and calming atmosphere.
- Traveling always comes with certain risks—environmental threats being one of them. To help prepare your body for traveling and a change in environment, take Vetiver essential oil internally. For best results, combine one to two drops of Vetiver oil with Lemon oil in a Veggie Caps capsule. This powerful combination of oils will help support a healthy immune system.*
- Vetiver oil’s aroma is sweet, woody, and smoky–emitting a strong, earthy scent. Use the earthy tones of Vetiver essential oil as a base for your favorite DIY diffuser blends. Adding Vetiver essential oil to a diffuser blend will provide aromatic benefits that have a calming, grounding effect on emotions.
- Sleep is extremely important for the health of both the mind and body. When individuals do not receive adequate hours of sleep or have too many sleepless nights, body functions begin to slow down. To help promote a restful night’s sleep, rub Vetiver oil on the bottom of your feet. Vetiver oil is a great essential oil for sleep and relaxation and can help give your body the sleep it needs.
- Give your body a powerful boost by adding one to two drops of Vetiver essential oil to your tea or hot drinks during the winter months. Vetiver essential oil contains immune-supporting properties that will help fortify your body against seasonal threats.*
- Because of Vetiver oil’s grounding effects, it is commonly used for massages. After a long day of standing, apply a few drops of Vetiver essential oil to your feet and slowly massage the oil in. A Vetiver oil massage is perfect after a long day, and the aromatic features of the oil can also provide a grounding and calming effect on emotions.
- For best use of doTERRA Vetiver oil, here is a simple essential oil tip. Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount of essential oil out of the container if the Vetiver oil is too thick to get out of the bottle. Remember, a little bit goes a long way.
Vetiver Essential Oil Uses and Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
If you like these doTERRA vetiver Essential Oil Uses and Recipes, you may also like these recipes:
More Vetiver Essential Oil Uses
doTERRA Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes
1. Freshly Frosted Forest Diffuser Blend
It helps with focus and feelings of mental positivity and clarity.
4 drops Wintergreen Essential Oil
4 drops White Fir Essential Oil
4 drops Vetiver Essential Oil
2. Winter Forest doTERRA Diffuser Blend
2 drops White Fir Essential Oil
2 drops Wintergreen Essential Oil
2 drops Vetiver Essential Oil
3. Stress Less Diffuser Blend
Diffuse 1 drop Vetiver Essential Oil
1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops dōTERRA Balance Grounding Blend
to calm emotions and lessen stress.
Mix and match the following calming essential oils in your diffuser:
Vetiver Essential Oil
5. Be Still Diffuser Blend
3 drops Vetiver Essential Oil
3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
3 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
6. Winter Wonderland Diffuser Blend
7. Kick Back and Relax Diffuser Blend
3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
3 drops Vetiver Essential Oil
4 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
doTERRA Miscellaneous Essential Oil Recipes
8. Man Cave
9. Finals Week