Here you can learn about doTERRA thyme essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about thyme and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
With a specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system, Thyme is a potent, warm essential oil that holds powerful cleansing and purifying properties.*
- Add Thyme to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to promote a sense of alertness
- Add to your winter routine to support a healthy immune system*
- Provides cleansing and purifying effects for the skin
- Use one to two drops in place of dried Thyme in your favorite recipes
- Thyme has a stimulating aroma
- Naturally repels insects
Thyme Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
For centuries, thyme has been used across nations and cultures for incense in holy temples, ancient embalming practices, and warding off nightmares. Just as its history is rich with a variety of uses, thyme’s diverse benefits and uses continue today. Thyme is extracted from the leaf of the thyme plant and is high in thymol. The powerful combination of organic chemicals in Thyme provide a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin; however, because of the prominent presence of thymol, Thyme oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil before application. Thyme is commonly used to add spice and flavor to a variety of meals and can also be taken internally to support a healthy immune system.* Thyme also has the ability to naturally repel insects.
Thyme Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Feeling mentally lethargic in the middle of the day? For a change of pace, add Thyme to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to get your mental wheels turning. Thyme oil has a stimulating aroma, and adding it to your favorite mid-day diffuser blend will promote a sense of alertness.
- Spring clean your skin with Thyme. Because Thyme oil has a cleansing and purifying effect on skin, it is an ideal oil for skin care. To purify and promote healthy-looking skin, dilute one to two drops of Thyme essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and then apply the solution to targeted areas on the skin.
- Treat your taste buds to the delicious and cultural tastes of Basil Marinated Roasted Pepper and Manchego Sandwiches. This essential oil recipe combines the nuttiness of Manchego cheese with the dynamic flavors of roasted red peppers, arugula, and essential oils. For a delightful twist to this recipe, replace Basil with Thyme.
- Thyme’s internal benefits are not just limited to its flavorful addition to foods; its internal effects are much greater. Taken internally, Thyme oil supports a healthy immune system.* To help support your immune system, especially during winter months, add two drops of Thyme to a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take it internally.*
- Don’t let those insects bug you, just give them a little bit of Thyme. Thyme oil contains chemical properties that naturally repel insects. To keep those bugs away, place a couple of drops of Thyme oil on a cotton ball and put it in corners where those little creeping crawlies are sure to hide. When gardening, place Thyme oil, diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, on your wrists and neck to keep the insects away.
- Thyme essential oil is great for enhancing your favorite savory meals and can be used to replace dried Thyme. To add a fresh herbal flavor to your food, use one to two drops of Thyme in meat and entrée dishes.
- Create your own healthy alternative to commercial deodorants with this DIY Essential Oil Deodorant recipe. This recipe is easy to do and is customizable to your preferences. For a herbaceous and floral scent, add Thyme. Incorporating Thyme oil in your personalized deodorant will also have a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin.
- Having Thyme on hand in the kitchen will not just prove to be helpful in cooking, but in cleaning as well. Thyme oil is one of the best essential oils for cleaning due to its powerful cleansing properties. Thyme can help to clean surfaces and remove dirt, grime, and unpleasant odors—all without the use of harmful chemicals.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to the desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
doTERRA Thyme Uses
doTERRA Thyme Benefits
Thyme Diffuser Blends