Here you can learn about doTERRA thyme essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about thyme and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
- Add Thyme to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to promote a sense of alertness
- Add to your winter routine to support a healthy immune system*
- Provides cleansing and purifying effects for the skin
- Use one to two drops in place of dried Thyme in your favorite recipes
- Thyme has a stimulating aroma
- Naturally repels insects
doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
For centuries, thyme has been used across nations and cultures for incense in holy temples, ancient embalming practices, and warding off nightmares. Just as its history is rich with a variety of uses, thyme’s diverse benefits and uses continue today. Thyme essential oil is extracted from the leaf of the thyme plant and is high in thymol. The powerful combination of organic chemicals in Thyme essential oil provide a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin; however, because of the prominent presence of thymol, Thyme oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil before application. Thyme essential oil is commonly used to add spice and flavor to a variety of meals and can also be taken internally to support a healthy immune system.* Thyme essential oil also has the ability to naturally repel insects.
doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Feeling mentally lethargic in the middle of the day? For a change of pace, add Thyme essential oil to your favorite daytime diffuser blend to get your mental wheels turning. Thyme oil has a stimulating aroma, and adding it to your favorite mid-day diffuser blend will promote a sense of alertness.
- Spring clean your skin with Thyme essential oil. Because Thyme oil has a cleansing and purifying effect on skin, it is an ideal oil for skin care. To purify and promote healthy-looking skin, dilute one to two drops of Thyme essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and then apply the solution to targeted areas on the skin.
- Treat your taste buds to the delicious and cultural tastes of Basil Marinated Roasted Pepper and Manchego Sandwiches. This essential oil recipe combines the nuttiness of Manchego cheese with the dynamic flavors of roasted red peppers, arugula, and essential oils. For a delightful twist to this recipe, replace Basil essential oil with Thyme essential oil.
- Thyme’s internal benefits are not just limited to its flavorful addition to foods; its internal effects are much greater. Taken internally, Thyme oil supports a healthy immune system.* To help support your immune system, especially during winter months, add two drops of Thyme essential oil to a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take it internally.*
- Don’t let those insects bug you, just give them a little bit of Thyme. Thyme oil contains chemical properties that naturally repel insects. To keep those bugs away, place a couple of drops of Thyme oil on a cotton ball and put it in corners where those little creeping crawlies are sure to hide. When gardening, place Thyme oil, diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, on your wrists and neck to keep the insects away.
- Thyme essential oil is great for enhancing your favorite savory meals and can be used to replace dried Thyme. To add a fresh herbal flavor to your food, use one to two drops of Thyme essential oil in meat and entrée dishes.
- Create your own healthy alternative to commercial deodorants with this DIY Essential Oil Deodorant recipe. This recipe is easy to do and is customizable to your preferences. For a herbaceous and floral scent, add Thyme essential oil. Incorporating Thyme oil in your personalized deodorant will also have a cleansing and purifying effect on the skin.
- Having Thyme essential oil on hand in the kitchen will not just prove to be helpful in cooking, but in cleaning as well. Thyme oil is one of the best essential oils for cleaning due to its powerful cleansing properties. Thyme essential oil can help to clean surfaces and remove dirt, grime, and unpleasant odors—all without the use of harmful chemicals.
doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil Uses – Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to the desired area.
doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil Uses – Cautions
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
If you like these doTERRA thyme essential oil uses recipes, you may also like these:
More Thyme Essential Oil Uses
doTERRA Essential Oil Food Recipes
Thyme Essential Oil – Rosemary Essential Oil
4. Garlic and Herb Canapes
5. Chicken Soup
Thyme Essential Oil
6. Marinade Recipes
7. Italian Roasted Tomatoes
Basil Essential Oil – Thyme Essential Oil
8. Make Your Own Stock
Black Pepper Essential Oil – Thyme Essential Oil
doTERRA Essential Oil Beauty Recipes
9. Abundant Healthy Hair
· 3 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
· 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
· 3 drops of Thyme Essential Oil
· 2 drops of Cypress Essential Oil
Put on the scalp after washing hair… special attention to problem areas… let it sit for at least 5 mins. Or I think it’s easiest to blend with your current conditioner.
doTERRA Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes
10. Thyme to Uplift
1 drop Thyme Essential Oil
2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
3 drops Lime Essential Oil