- Diffuse or apply one to two drops to back of neck or to temples to promote feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- Create a personalized fragrance by combining Spikenard with Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, and Vetiver.
- Combine with a hydrating cream to soften and smooth skin.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite cleanser or anti-aging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
Yes! I want to learn how I can get a FREE Frankincense oil in December 2018!»
Spikenard Essential Oil Product Description
Spikenard Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of the greatest benefits of Spikenard oil is its uplifting aroma that can help promote feelings of relaxation and calmness. Throughout history, Spikenard has commonly been used to manage and uplift mood or to help promote relaxation. Today, Spikenard oil can be helpful for promoting calm, relaxing, or uplifting feelings when used topically or aromatically.
- Not only is Spikenard oil known for its uplifting properties, but it is also a very grounding oil. The grounding properties of Spikenard make it a popular choice for aromatherapy and meditation. The woody, musty scent of Spikenard oil makes it a useful oil for aromatherapy and massage, while the grounding properties make it useful for promoting relaxation during meditation.
- Spikenard is revered for its benefits for the skin. People often use Spikenard oil for skin due to its cleansing and purifying properties. To experience the skin benefits of Spikenard oil, consider adding a few drops of the oil to your daily cleanser or favorite anti-aging product. By incorporating Spikenard oil into your skincare routine, you’ll promote a healthy, glowing complexion. You can also combine a few drops of Spikenard oil with hydrating or moisturizing cream when you want to smooth or soften your skin.
- With a unique woody, spicy scent, Spikenard is commonly used in the perfume industry. When you want to create your own personalized essential oil perfume, consider combining Spikenard oil with complementary oils like Clove, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Wild Orange, or any other oils that pair well with Spikenard. You can experiment with different scents to create your own personalized perfume that allows the pleasant aroma of Spikenard to linger on your clothes or skin throughout the day.
- Spikenard oil can be applied topically to help promote calm or relaxing feelings. When you want to experience the calming benefits of Spikenard, apply one or two drops to the temples or back of the neck. Before applying Spikenard to the skin, consider diluting the oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to help minimize skin sensitivity.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
doTERRA Essential Oil Diffuser Blend Recipes
2 drops Clove
2 drops Frankincense
3 drops Patchouli
2 drops Spikenard