Here you can learn about doTERRA spearmint essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about spearmint and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
As a milder alternative to other mint essential oils, Spearmint is gentle enough to use topically or while cooking—without losing any of its freshness.
- Promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset*
- Promotes a sense of focus and an uplifting mood
- Cleanses the mouth and promotes fresh breath
Spearmint Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
Commonly known for its flavor, spearmint is a perennial plant that offers a sweet and minty taste and aroma. For years, spearmint has thrived in the candy, gum, and dental product industries because of its favorable savor and breath-freshening properties. Spearmint essential oil also promotes fresh breath and is used frequently in cooking and baking to create salad dressings, drinks, desserts, and meat marinades. Aromatically, the cleansing and energizing aroma of Spearmint essential oil encourages a sense of focus while simultaneously uplifting mood. Spearmint oil can also promote digestion and help to reduce occasional stomach upset.* Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use on children and those with sensitive skin.
Spearmint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of the strongest benefits of Spearmint oil is that it promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset.* When experiencing periodic stomach discomfort or after eating a large meal, dilute one drop of Spearmint oil in 4 fl. oz of liquid and drink. Spearmint oil can also be taken internally by dropping the oil into a Veggie Capsule and ingesting.
- Feeling the blues? Try using some Spearmint oil to brighten up your day. Spearmint oil consists of chemical components such as carvone and limonene. These organic constituents have energizing and uplifting properties. Use Spearmint oil topically or aromatically to receive the mood uplifting benefits of these components.
- After reading or studying for long amounts of time, use Spearmint essential oil topically to help promote a sense of focus. Diffusing Spearmint oil will also help promote a sense of focus and will help uplift mood. For the best diffuser results, place three to four drops of Spearmint oil into the diffuser of your choice and enjoy the minty aroma as it elevates your mind and mood.
- Before leaving your house for the day, apply Spearmint essential oil to your toothbrush before you brush your teeth. Once you’ve bushed your teeth, you will be ready to take on the day with fresh breath and a hint of mint in your mouth. Spearmint oil is an ideal essential oil to incorporate in oral care routines due to its ability to freshen breath and cleanse the mouth.
- Please your taste buds and your stomach by adding Spearmint oil to your kitchen creations. For a delicious, minty flavor, add one or two drops of Spearmint oil into any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée. When added to non-baked or non-cooked foods, Spearmint oil will not just serve as a flavoring, it will also aid in digestion.*
Spearmint Essential Oil Uses
- Diffuse to uplift mood
- Apply to toothbrush before brushing teeth for fresh breath
- Add a drop or two to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring and to promote digestion*
- For occasional stomach upset, add 1–2 drops to water and drink*
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Get to Know Spearmint Essential Oil
doTERRA Spearmint Benefits