If you are thinking about joining doTERRA, you may have TONS of questions about the whole sign up process or you may be ready right now. I have been using their products myself for six years and selling them online for almost that long so I am here to answer your questions with this essential oils guide full of FAQs!
Not in the USA English Speaking? doTERRA Has Many Offices Worldwide! See Your Options to Buy or Join doTERRA in Other Countries
Join doTERRA before November 30th with any kit and receive 50 rewards points to redeem for FREE product!
How to Join doTERRA
There are just a few easy steps to get started. After joining, you will be able to buy as little or as much product as you want at wholesale prices for one year.
- Click this link to get started
- Change the shipping country and language if you want and click the “Continue” button.
- See more about each kit by clicking on the photo for that kit or view a list of all the enrollment kits. Once you have selected the kit you like, click the “Add” button to the right of it.
- Add it to your cart and either add additional products or go to your shopping bag and checkout.
- Enter your personal information and create a password.
- Under Account Type, choose your account type and check the terms and conditions box. Most people should select “Wholesale Customer” unless you know for sure you want to do this as a business right from the start. (The main difference between the two types is that as a Wellness Advocate you can sign people up and you must provide your Tax ID number for tax purposes. A Wholesale Customer can’t sign people up and just wants to join to get the best pricing possible.)
- The “Enroller ID” should already be filled in for you but if not, enter 183977.
- Click the “Continue” button and proceed to checkout.
- When you are done you will receive an on-screen confirmation that includes your ID and in a few minutes, you will receive an order confirmation email and a welcome email. If you don’t receive those, then there was a problem with your order, such as the credit card not going through, and you will need to contact member services to figure out the problem:
Monday–Friday 8:00 am–8:00 pm MT
Saturday 9:00 am–2:00 pm MT
- Within a day or two, you should receive an email from me welcoming you to my team and your starter kit a few days after that.
Common doTERRA Sign Up Questions and Answers
How much does it cost to join doTERRA?
There are eight different starter kits to choose from and they all include the $35 membership fee. They range in cost from $150 to $2,750. The larger the kit, the larger the discount and/or rewards.
All kits entitle you to wholesale pricing for one year with no monthly minimum and no auto-renewal. An enrollment kit is the smartest option, but if you want, you can pay the $35 enrollment fee and then buy individual oils you would like.
How much do I have to buy every month?
Nothing. After you purchase the membership enrollment kit, there is no minimum quota, obligation, recurring charge or mandatory monthly order.
Click here if you want to learn more about the OPTIONAL monthly buying program aka Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) where you can get up to 30% of your purchases back in free product points, which you can redeem for free products.
How much do I have to sell?
Nothing. You really don’t have to sell anything ever. You can if you want to but there really is no pressure to sell. If selling interests you, click here to learn more.
Why should I join doTERRA?
Before we found doTERRA Essential Oils we felt like we were just putting band-aids on all our health issues and not really getting down to the real cause of our health issues.
We knew we needed to boost our immune systems but we didn’t know how. After much trial and error, we figured out how to effectively boost our immune systems so our bodies can heal themselves.
Isn’t it interesting that if you look at the word heal-th differently, maybe we would think of healing more instead of just popping a pill to numb the pain?
We feel these are some of the most important benefits of being a doTERRA member:
- Take charge of your health and feel empowered to help your body heal itself
- Give your body what it wants to help heal itself
- Feel good about what you are putting in your body
- Save money on reduced doctor visits
- To have another option of something powerful to try to help health issues
- 25% discount off retail prices
- No obligation to either buy or sell
- No minimums or monthly requirements
- doTERRA will send you an introductory packet -includes an introductory DVD, Product Guide, Essential Oil Usage Chart & more
- Promotions – For example, every 3 or 4 months there is a promotion where for every 200PV (usually $200) order that you place, you will receive a free a free oil or oils. Previous free oils are – Deep Blue 10ml Roll On with a Deep Blue Rub; Frankincense; In Tune and Past Tense; and Deep Blue 5ml with a Deep Blue rub.
- Optional monthly auto-ship with great rewards (LRP)
- Optional ability to sign others under you and have residual income
- Support and education from myself via regular emails
I began my doTERRA journey when I went home for Christmas 2013 and my sister shared her Wild Orange doTERRA oil with me and I loved it. Rebecca has been such a blessing educating me on Doterra oils that I have now signed up under her as an LRP. Her communication skills are the best I’ve seen in years. I’m impressed on how quickly she responds to me, always responding with excellence. I never have to get frustrated in waiting for a response, or having to repeat my question to her. She is extremely thorough and responsive. I love her passion and continual efforts to forward practical information out to her LRPs. I believe Rebecca wants the best for her family and wants to share her bests with the world. I am grateful our paths have crossed even though we are miles apart. I hope someday to meet up with her to give her thanks in person for changing my life and my family’s life for the better.” Cathy G.
Are doTERRA oils better than others?
Yes. Read my article called “Top 10 Reasons Why doTERRA is the Best Essential Oil Company” to see you can see why I think it’s the best essential oil brand.
Watch this video to learn why I think doTERRA is the best essential oil company:
How much are doTERRA oils?
Click here to view the price list. If the price seems high to you, remember that doTERRA essential oils are pure with absolutely nothing added. Pretty much every other company adds inexpensive and sometimes dangerous fillers to their oils to get the prices down. They are also highly concentrated. For example, there are about 50 lemons in just one bottle of lemon essential oil.
What are the doTERRA products?
What does PV mean?
This can best be explained by looking at the price list. Notice the different column headings. PV is usually the same as Wholesale except in some items, like kits since there is a discount for those items.
How long does my wholesale membership last?
Your initial enrollment lasts for one year. After one year if you want to keep buying, on the next order you place you will be charged a $25 renewal fee and you will receive a free bottle of peppermint.
If you do not want to renew your membership, simply do not place an order after your first year and you will not be charged the yearly renewal fee.
How much is shipping?
You may get those details here. Also keep in mind that with LRP (monthly) orders shipping is free and if you live near their corporate offices, you may always pick up for free.
What are some doTERRA reviews?
Please watch my personal review of how doTERRA has helped our family to help you make an informed decision:
doTERRA as a Business Review
Rubbing On Guard on my feet morning and night and diffusing it during the day really helped support my healthy immune function.
I've had success with rubbing peppermint on my stomach to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
If you want to try a quality product that will help support your health, then definitely try doTERRA Essential Oils."
- D. Davis
doTERRA Review from Member Since 2014
Her communication skills are the best I’ve seen in years. I’m impressed on how quickly she responds to me, always responding with excellence. I never have to get frustrated in waiting for a response or having to repeat my question to her. She is extremely thorough and responsive.
I love her passion and continual efforts to forward practical information out to her LRPs. I believe Rebecca wants the best for her family and wants to share her bests with the world. I am grateful our paths have crossed even though we are miles apart. I hope someday to meet up with her to give her thanks in person for changing my life and my family’s life for the better."
- Cathy G.
- K. Mozina
doTERRA Review from a Mother
My daughter minimizes the effects of seasonal threats with Breathe Respiratory Blend and lime essential oil.
I have less issues with occasional stomach upset thanks to peppermint essential oil and Digestzen Digestive Blend.
InTune Focus Blend helps my husband keep his focus while getting his master's degree.
My youngest daughter even asks for Serenity Restful Blend at night and goes to sleep so much easier with it!
We recently moved to Germany where my husband serves in the USAF and using On Guard Protective Blend along with the A2Z Chewables really helps support our healthy immune function.
It's wonderful knowing I can help my family with everyday issues and health naturally. I have comfort using doTERRA, whereas I never had that with conventional medicine. "
- S. Nichols
What is the history of essential oils?
Essential oils have been used throughout history in many cultures for their health-promoting properties.
Why Does Your Family Love doTERRA?
Unlike a lot of other doTERRA users, I don’t have a huge, dramatic story of how I started to use the oils. When we were first introduced to the oils, we had already spent years improving our health and had spent thousands of dollars doing so.
When we first used the oils, we figured they could be just one other way to improve our health and something else to try. We had no interest in selling the oils. As we started using them, we noticed how different they were. We really felt better when we used them.
Slowly, over time, we started using the essential oils for more and more things. One of the things I love about them is they are easy to use on our children. It’s easy to put a drop on their feet, wrists or the back of their neck.
We don’t have to get them to hold still for very long or eat something nasty. I love having an answer when my children get an owie, can’t sleep, are grumpy or can’t breathe well. I love to use the oils to help me feel happier and act nicer and I know my family appreciates that. I love how it’s so easy to use them and how they are so versatile.
I feel so empowered knowing that I have these powerful, effective oils to try and I have the freedom to try different things until I find what works for me. I have yet to find anyone that really gave the oils a chance that did not experience benefit. There is a saying, “There’s an oil for that” – and it’s true! There are very few things that the oils can’t help with in a profound, real way.
I have been so blessed, signing up under Rebecca. She does not only sell doTERRA, she truly believes and helps you learn to take care of your family naturally.” Thank You!! M D Chrisley, Christiansburg Va.
What Are Essential Oils?
You may be hearing everywhere about essential oils. But, what are essential oils?
- Essential oils are distilled from the root, stems, bark and leaves of plants. Their only ingredient is the plant, as long as you are getting real, pure essential oils then that’s all you’re getting. For example, peppermint oil is simply peppermint that has been distilled.
- There are no other ingredients. The oils are naturally in the plants to protect the plant from environmental threats – so they can do the same thing for you.
- Since our bodies are made of similar building blocks as plants, the essential oils work in our bodies in the same way that they would for the plant.
Essential oils are powerful!
- They are 50-70 times more powerful than their herbal counterparts.
- They benefit mood and mental health and support body organs and systems so that the body can heal itself.
I love my oils! I use Slim & Sassy, deep blue, vetiver & Peppermint EVERY DAY!! I use oils for everything! On my kids and dogs too! Love, love, love! Oh and I also use ALL the supplements!!” -T. Cameron, CO
How do I use essential oils?
This post has a chart with some ideas of some of the most common uses of doTERRA essential oils. There are many more. There is a saying, “There’s an Oil for That!” because there is such a wide-ranging benefit from essential oils. Here is a complete list of all the uses for each doTERRA product.
I love doTERRA, not just because it’s the new fad in town but because it really works. You have to try it your self to know the truth. I recommend the peppermint and deep blue oil, but there are so many others to choose from. Have fun using these wonderful oils in many different ways.” K. Mozina
How do I cancel my doTERRA membership?
You don’t need to do anything if you don’t want to buy products anymore. Just simply don’t order and after a year your membership will automatically expire.
If you wish to renew your membership anytime after a year, simply place an order and you will be charged a yearly $25 membership fee and given a free peppermint essential oil. Since it’s wholesale cost is $22, your membership kinda sorta only costs $3 a year.
HOWEVER, if you participate in the optional monthly ordering program called LRP (Loyalty Rewards Program) then you will need to call member services and cancel that or you will continue to get your monthly orders. Make sure you use any points before you do or you will lose those.