Here you can learn about doTERRA sandalwood essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about sandalwood and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
The sweet, woody aroma of Indian Sandalwood is a reflection of the soothing benefits of the essential oil—which can be used for skin imperfections or to enhance mood during meditation.
- Add to your shampoo or moisturizer to improve the look of your skin and hair
- Diffuse in your bedroom after a long, stressful day or before meditation
- Apply to your skin the day before a big photo shoot or presentation
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep
- After a long day of working on your honey-do list, add one to two drops to your hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated
- Apply one to two drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine
- Inhale Sandalwood directly from palms or diffuse to lessen tension and balance emotions
Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
For centuries, the dry, woody aroma of the sandalwood tree made the plant useful for religious rituals, meditation, and even for ancient Egyptian embalming purposes. Today, essential oil taken from the Indian sandalwood tree is particularly useful for enhancing mood, promoting smooth skin when used topically, and providing grounding and uplifting feelings during meditation when used aromatically. The rich, sweet aroma and versatility of Sandalwood essential oil makes it a unique oil, useful in everyday life.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of the top benefits of Sandalwood essential oil is its ability to promote healthy-looking, smooth skin. Applying Sandalwood to the skin will not only promote a smooth complexion but can also be helpful in reducing the appearance of skin imperfections. As you can see, there are many benefits to making Sandalwood a regular part of your skincare routine.
- To use Sandalwood for your skin, try creating your own at-home spa experience by doing the following: fill a large bowl with steaming water, apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face, and cover your head with a towel. Next, place your face over the steaming water. This at-home spa treatment will leave your skin feeling nourished and rejuvenated.
- Sandalwood is also useful for enhancing your mood. The grounding, balancing aroma of Sandalwood will help settle and balance emotions. To take advantage of these benefits, apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to the palms of your hands. Then, cup your hands around your nose and inhale for up to 30 seconds. This will help lessen tension and balance emotions.
- While there are many applications for Sandalwood on the body and inside the home, it can also be a gardener’s best friend. Studies have shown that Sandalwood can have positive effects on garden plants. In one study, researchers sprayed several species of plants with a solution of Sandalwood. After being sprayed, results showed that the essential oil helped the plants cope with environmental stress. If there are plants in your garden that need help surviving times of environmental stress, consider using a Sandalwood essential oil solution to save the day.
- Along with serious benefits for skin and complexion, Sandalwood also holds benefits for hair. If you want to use Sandalwood on your hair, simply apply one or two drops of the oil to wet hair. Sandalwood will give your hair extra shine by restoring moisture to your strands. An easy way to work Sandalwood into your regular hair care regimen is to add a few drops to your daily shampoo or conditioner .
- One of the most common uses for Sandalwood oil is for meditation, due to its grounding and mood-enhancing properties. The sweet, woody aroma of Sandalwood is known to enhance mood—which is why the oil has been used in meditation for centuries. Consider diffusing Sandalwood in your bedroom after a long, stressful day, or before meditation to promote an uplifting atmosphere.
- Not only is Sandalwood good for the complexion, but it can also contribute to a smooth, comfortable shave. This DIY Shaving Cream uses some of the best oils for skin—Peppermint, Sandalwood, and Melaleuca. Combining these soothing oils with shea butter and coconut oil will leave your skin smooth and moisturized after every shave. Perfect for men and women, this comforting concoction is easy to make and will provide you with a close shave every time.
- While Sandalwood essential oil is helpful for meditation sessions, it can also provide a soothing, relaxed atmosphere even when you aren’t meditating. If you like to relax by taking a hot bath, Sandalwood can create a soothing atmosphere at bath time. After a long day at work or an afternoon of taking care of the kids, or anytime you need a little balance, add one to two drops of Sandalwood to a hot bath to reduce feelings of stress and promote relaxation.
- Because it provides grounding effects, Sandalwood can also be helpful at bedtime. Diffuse Sandalwood next to your bed as you are going to sleep to help promote a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep. You can also apply a few drops of Sandalwood to the back of your neck before going to sleep to promote an atmosphere that will lead to restful sleep.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
doTERRA Sandalwood Uses
Restore Moisture to Hair and Give it a Silky Shine
Sandalwood essential oil is very beneficial to the skin and hair and can help promote a healthy, smooth complexion.