Patchouli essential oil has been very useful in my home recently as it contributes to a calming and grounding environment. I combine Patchouli with Lavender and Cedarwood to keep my emotions balanced while I am home. Patchouli oil is also one of the main components of dōTERRA’s InTune blend which is one of my favorite blends to help me stay focused.
Have you added Patchouli oil to your essential oil collection yet? If you haven’t tried Patchouli oil yet, you are in for a pleasant surprise. There are several reasons to use Patchouli oil, but here are the top three benefits:
- Patchouli oil can benefit the skin. Use Patchouli oil to help get rid of the occasional skin imperfection or blemish, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, or just to improve the overall look of your complexion.
- Patchouli oil can help to balance the emotions. When used topically or aromatically, Patchouli oil can help to balance your emotions when you are feeling frazzled or overwhelmed.
- Patchouli oil has many useful beautifying properties. In addition to using Patchouli oil for skin, you can also use it in your personal hygiene routine as a perfume, or to beautify the hair.
A member of the mint family, Patchouli is known to help with skin imperfections, while also providing a grounding, balancing effect on emotions.
- Combine with Peppermint and apply to the forehead, temples, or back of the neck after a long day of work.
- Apply one to two drops to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, or problem skin areas, or add to your favorite moisturizer.
- Combine with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of feet to help calm emotions.
For a powerful skin, aroma, and mood makeover, Patchouli oil proves an ideal essential oil. Extracted from the leaves of the Patchouli plant, Patchouli oil has many uses and benefits for both the mind and body. Patchouli essential oil contains a variety of skin benefits and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin imperfections. Patchouli oil can also promote a smooth and glowing complexion. The sweet and musky scent of Patchouli oil is often used in perfumes and colognes and can emit a natural musk when applied to the skin. The sweet and herbaceous aroma of Patchouli oil is great for diffusing, and its rich chemical properties can have a grounding and balancing effect on emotions when used aromatically or topically.
Uses and Benefits
- Patchouli oil is rich with Patchoulol, a highly grounding chemical component. Because of this constituent, and others like it, Patchouli has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions. To obtain the mood-harmonizing properties of Patchouli, apply one to two drops of Patchouli to your neck or temples or place three to four drops of Patchouli oil in the diffuser of your choice.
- Don’t miss out on Patchouli oil’s incredible skin care benefits—make it part of your daily facial routine. For a smooth and glowing complexion, apply one to two drops of Patchouli to your face. You will love the results!
- For a simple and effective oral cleanse, try this DIY Patchouli and Peppermint mouth rinse. Combining two powerful oils from the mint family, this rinse will give your mouth a rejuvenating cleanse that will leave your breath with a fresh, clean feeling. Peppermint oil is commonly used for its abilities to freshen breath and will also give your mouth a minty taste. The Patchouli works hand-in-hand with the minty flavor of the Peppermint and will aid in deodorizing and freshening the mouth.
- Long hair definitely has its perks, but tangles are not one of them. Often, detangling wet hair can be time-consuming and can even get a little painful. Make that tangled mess of hair a thing of the past with this DIY Natural Hair Detangler. Using a dynamic combination of essential oils, this hair detangler will cut down on the time spent with tangles and will decrease unnecessary stress on the scalp.
- Leave the stress of the day behind you by enjoying the grounding and energizing properties of Patchouli and Peppermint oils. After a long day of work, combine Patchouli oil with Peppermint oil and apply this blend to your forehead, temples, or to the back of the neck. Patchouli oil will help provide a grounding and stabilizing effect on emotions while the Peppermint will work to relieve feelings of tension.
- Patchouli oil is great for skin care and can be used frequently to enhance the appearance of skin. To best receive, the skin benefits of Patchouli, add a few drops of Patchouli oil to your daily moisturizer or apply one to two drops of Patchouli oil directly to your skin. Using Patchouli oil will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, or problem skin areas.
- Feeling a little frazzled? When your emotions start to overwhelm you, combine Patchouli with Vetiver and apply the oil blend to the bottoms of your feet. The emotionally grounding and balancing properties of Patchouli and Vetiver will help calm emotions.
- Patchouli oil has frequently been used in the perfume and cologne industries for its musky aroma. Create your own natural scent with this DIY Essential Cologne. For a sweet musk cologne, combine Patchouli oil (16 drops), Lime (32 drops), Fennel (24 drops), and doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil (280 drops). Patchouli can also be used to create a musky perfume and is easily transformed into a sweet-smelling aroma when combined with floral essential oils.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.