Known as a popular cooking spice, Oregano also acts as a powerful cleansing agent, and offers powerful antioxidants*—extending its uses far beyond the kitchen.
- Put two to three drops in veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system*
- Add 10 drops to a spray bottle full of water for a last-minute counter spray
- Oregano offers powerful antioxidants*
- Add one drop in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to your favorite Italian dishes
- Supports healthy digestion*
- Supports healthy respiratory function*
- May help to support a healthy immune system*
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
Oregano Oil Product Description
Extracted from the fragrant leaves of the oregano plant, Origanum vulgare, Oregano essential oil has made its way into cookbooks, cleaning cabinets, and supplement capsules. Oregano oil is one of the most versatile and powerful essential oils. Due to its high concentration of carvacol and thymol, two phenol chemicals that possess cleansing properties, Oregano is commonly used as a household cleansing agent. Oregano oil can be taken internally to help support a healthy immune system and healthy digestion and respiratory function.*
Oregano oil is also an excellent source of antioxidants.* Other benefits of Oregano oil can be found when preparing and eating culinary dishes. Oregano’s herbaceous flavoring can be added to appetizers, entrees, and sauces to enhance an array of savory meals. Because of Oregano oil’s high phenol content, caution should be taken when diffusing or inhaling—only one to two drops are needed. When applied topically, Oregano oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Time to clean? For a quick and easy household cleaner, put 10 drops of Oregano into a 16-ounce spray bottle with water. Due to Oregano’s chemical makeup, Oregano oil is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent. This simple spray is great for surfaces and countertops.
- Support your body in the way it needs when it needs it. Oregano oil is used to support a healthy immune system* To maintain healthy immune function, dilute one drop of Oregano oil in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.* One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function.* Oregano can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further boost immunity.* You can also put two drops of Oregano in a veggie capsule to help support immune function.*
- Add a little flavor to your favorite Italian cuisine with some Oregano. Oregano oil is spicy and herbaceous and will add the perfect hint of flavor to spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, roasts, and much more. When your Italian recipes call for ground oregano, simply replace it with one drop of Oregano for a delicious seasoning. One drop of Oregano can replace one tablespoon of ground oregano.
- Don’t miss out on the powerful benefits of Oregano. Oregano can help support healthy respiratory function.* To obtain the health-promoting benefits of Oregano oil, add one to two drops of Oregano to a veggie capsule to support healthy immune function.
- Enhance your meals by adding some Roasted Marinara Sauce infused with Oregano and Basil. You will be amazed at how something so delicious can be so easy to make. This simple and useful essential oil recipe does not include added sugars and is a delicious way to incorporate the many health benefits of tomatoes into your everyday food selections. This delicious sauce pairs well with pasta, pizza, breadsticks, and much more.
- Oregano is a rich source of antioxidants.* Antioxidants are essential to help protect the body from the oxidation of molecules. When molecules oxidize, they can create free-radicals that can lead to damaged cells. To help support your body with antioxidants and promote a healthy response to oxidation and free-radicals, take Oregano oil internally by diluting a drop in water and drinking or putting two drops into a veggie capsule and ingesting.*
- Know someone who is feeling under-the-weather or needing a delicious pick-me-up? Italian and Oregano Chicken Soup is the perfect dish to show someone you care. Enriched with the tantalizing tastes of Italy, this essential oil recipe is filled with fresh vegetables, Ditalini pasta, and a hint of Oregano.
- Not only does Oregano promote healthy immune and respiratory function, it also supports healthy digestion.* Oregano oil supports healthy digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices.* When experiencing occasional digestive issues, take Oregano oil internally by diluting a drop in water and digesting or by putting two drops into a veggie capsule and ingesting.*
- Combining the piquant flavors of Oregano with Italian seasonings, this Italian Oil Bread Dip will have you craving more. This essential oil recipe is simply delicious and can be used as a dip for your favorite Italian bread. If you are putting together a special dinner for two, needing an appetizer for a party, or searching for an excellent side dish for a family gathering, this is an ideal choice.
- Have you ever heard the phrase “we’re better off together?” In the case of Oregano and Peppermint, it’s true! In a recent study, a group of Brazilian researchers reported that, at least in the cases they were looking at, Oregano and Peppermint oil worked better when used together. When two different substances like Oregano and Peppermint oil work to create a combined effect that is greater than the effects of the individual substance on their own, the result is called synergism. When using Oregano, use it alongside Peppermint oil for a more powerful result. To find out more about the synergism of other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
- Though Oregano is ideal for Italian dishes, it also makes a wonderful addition to cuisines from around the world. This Costa Rican Black Bean Soup with Oregano and Thyme is superb and combines some of the best spices and ingredients to create a delicious flavor that is sure to please. For a unique, cultural dish you can share with those around you, try this essential oil recipe.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
doTERRA Oregano Essential Oil Uses with DIY and Food Recipes
More Oregano Essential Oil Uses
doTERRA Essential Oil Food Recipes
4. Spring Salad
Oregano – Basil
Oregano – Thyme
Oregano – Basil
12. Dipping Oil for French Bread
13. Garlic and Herb Canapes