doTERRA Myrrh essential oil has many uses. I have a list of ways you can reap the benefits of this ancient oil including diffuser blends and other recipes.
- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Add one to two drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and uplift your mood
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Add one to two drops to one-fourth cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach*
- Put one drop in two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse
- Add one drop to your daily moisturizer to help promote youthful-looking skin
- Diffuse when tension levels are high
- Diffuse during the holidays to maintain peaceful feelings throughout your home
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Soothes the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
doTERRA Myrrh Oil Product Description
Because of its versatility and effectiveness, myrrh has been valuable across many cultures for centuries. With countless applications, myrrh was used anciently for everything from medicine to religious purposes. Today, the resin extracted from the myrrh tree is transformed into an herbaceous, woody essential oil that still holds relevant applications. Whether you want to promote smooth, youthful-looking skin, promote emotional balance, or cleanse the body, Myrrh holds limitless uses for everyday life.
doTERRA Myrrh Oil Uses and Benefits
- Myrrh is well known for its ability to cleanse the mouth and throat. To take advantage of the cleansing properties of Myrrh oil, consider incorporating it into your daily oral hygiene routine. Add one or two drops of Myrrh to your toothpaste when you want added cleansing benefits. For an effective mouth rinse, combine one drop of Myrrh oil and two ounces of water. Gargle this combination for 30 seconds for an extra clean feeling.
- Another beneficial property of Myrrh is that it promotes a youthful-looking complexion and offers a soothing sensation to the skin. To use Myrrh oil for skin, consider adding one or two drops of the oil to your daily lotion or moisturizer. This mixture can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly when used daily.
- In addition to its benefits for the skin, Myrrh can be helpful when promoting healthy fingernails or toenails. If your cuticles are lacking hydration, try this DIY Cuticle Cream to help give your nails the moisture they need. With four simple ingredients—shea butter, beeswax, doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil, and Myrrh, your nails will soon find relief. This concoction can also be used on the hands, lips, or any dry skin.
- Though it isn’t a potent floral or citrus essential oil, Myrrh oil is still considered a popular choice for diffusion. Try diffusing Myrrh oil when you feel like tension levels are high to promote emotional balance and well-being. You can also diffuse Myrrh oil when you want to uplift your mood or promote awareness. Myrrh is a popular oil to diffuse during the holidays because it can help maintain peaceful feelings throughout the home.
- The soothing benefits of Myrrh are very useful when it comes to shaving. If you don’t want to be left with irritated skin after shaving, try this DIY Razor Relief Serum. This serum uses some of the best essential oils for skin, including Frankincense, Lavender, Melaleuca, Helichrysum and Myrrh to help calm the skin after a shave. Not only will this fragrant combination smell lovely on your skin, it will help you escape the irritation of razor bumps every time you shave. Don’t forget, this DIY is helpful for both men and women.
- Are you a fan of at-home spa treatments? Myrrh really comes in handy during spa night at home. For example, you can simply mix two or three drops of Myrrh oil with doTERRA Spa Lotion to help add a smooth touch to callused or dry feet. You can also mix Lemon, Frankincense, and Myrrh oil (10 drops of each) with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to help soften the cuticles. If you are looking for more at-home spa treatments, take a look at our Girls Guide from the Living Magazine.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.