- May help to support a healthy immune system*
- Calms tension and nerves
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and promote emotional well-being
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on roof of mouth and swallow
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh your thoughts
- Blends well with doTERRA On Guard® to boost its benefits
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Promotes emotional health
Yes! I want to learn how I can get a FREE Red Mandarin and/or Serenity bottle before Jan. 31st!»
Melissa Essential Oil Product Description
With a sweet lemon fragrance, the Melissa plant, also known as Melissa officinalis or lemon balm, is the herbaceous origin of Melissa essential oil. This rare oil is extracted from the leaf of the Melissa plant and is cherished by many for its large array of uses and benefits. Melissa essential oil contains strong soothing properties. When used aromatically or topically, it can help promote feelings of relaxation and can assist in calming tension and nerves. Melissa oil is also valued for its fresh, sweet, and citrus-like aroma. In the kitchen, Melissa oil can be used to flavor a variety of different foods and drinks such as teas, ice cream, and some fish dishes. Taking Melissa oil internally may help support a healthy immune system.*
Melissa Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of Melissa oil’s most prominent health benefits is that it may help support a healthy immune system.* To obtain this powerful bodily assistance, dilute one drop of Melissa into 4 fl. oz. of liquid and drink.* You can also take Melissa internally by putting Melissa oil into a veggie capsule and ingesting it like a dietary supplement.
- Two of the main chemical constituents of Melissa are geranial and neral. These two chemicals contain soothing properties that make this essential oil a perfect oil for relaxation. For optimal relaxation, apply Melissa oil topically or put a few drops of Melissa oil into a diffuser.
- Don’t let nerves ruin your big moment. Before a nerve-wracking speech, presentation, or performance, apply one to two drops of Melissa to the palms of your hands and cup your hands over your nose and inhale. Melissa oil is great for calming tension and nerves and will prove to be a powerful aid during those anxious occasions.
- Give your skin an invigorating boost by applying Melissa. Add Melissa oil to your moisturizer or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face. This simple essential oil addition will give your skin a rejuvenated feeling and will help refresh the mind.
- After a long day, let your mind and body relax and unwind with a little help from Melissa. For relieving results, rub Melissa oil on your forehead, shoulders, or chest. Applying Melissa will help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- One of the most important things you can do to support your body’s health is to get a full night’s sleep. Aside from nutrition, sleep is the fuel that gives your body the strength to work and play. To help create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep, diffuse Melissa oil in your diffuser before going to bed.
- For possible support, your body’s immune system, place one to two drops of Melissa under the tongue or on the roof of the mouth and then swallow.* Directly placing an appropriate quantity of into your mouth is an easy and quick way to receive the internal benefits of Melissa oil.*
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Citrus Bliss – Elevation – Lemon