Here you can learn about doTERRA marjoram essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about marjoram and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
- Valued for its calming properties and positive effect on the nervous system*
- Add to a soothing massage blend for targeting tired, stressed muscles
- Promotes healthy immune function*
- May promote healthy cardiovascular system function*
- Apply to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress
- Use Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram. Usually, one drop of essential oil is equivalent to two teaspoons of dried herbs
- Apply to muscles before and after exercising
- Blends with lavender and rosemary
- Apply to a fussy child’s feet prior to a nap
Marjoram Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
Commonly recognized for its ability to spice foods, Marjoram essential oil is a unique cooking additive with many additional internal and external benefits. The herbaceous flavoring of Marjoram oil can be used to spice up stews, dressings, soups, and meat dishes and can take the place of dried marjoram when cooking. Aside from its culinary benefits, Marjoram can be taken internally to help support a healthy cardiovascular and immune system.* Marjoram can also be used topically and aromatically for its calming properties. It also has a positive effect on the nervous system.* The aroma of Marjoram oil is warm, herbaceous, and woody and helps promote a calming atmosphere.
Marjoram Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Marjoram oil is a unique and valuable oil because of the extensive benefits it provides for the body. One of the most significant benefits Marjoram offers is its ability to have a positive effect on the nervous system.* Marjoram oil is also used for its calming properties. To obtain these benefits, take Marjoram oil internally, apply it to the skin topically, or use it aromatically.
- Another powerful benefit of Marjoram is its ability to support a healthy immune system.* To help support your immune system with Marjoram oil, dilute one drop of Marjoram into 4 fl. oz. of liquid and drink. You can also put Marjoram oil into a Veggie Capsule and ingest.
- While working on long, intense projects, apply Marjoram to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress. Marjoram oil contains calming properties that help relax emotions during stressful moments. Applying Marjoram topically can help provide the calming feelings you need to get through difficult or strenuous tasks.
- The cardiovascular system includes one of the most fundamental and crucial parts of the body—the heart. Because of its prominence in keeping the body running, it is important to support your body’s cardiovascular system. Marjoram oil may promote a healthy cardiovascular system, helping to give your body essential strength that it may need.* These benefits can be obtained by taking Marjoram internally.
- Indulge in a creamy, Low-Fat Spinach and Artichoke Dip that will have you coming back for seconds. Combining the rich flavors of cheese and yogurt with the nutrients of artichoke, jalapenos, and spinach, topped with a hint of Marjoram, this recipe will be hard to replace. This essential oil recipe is easy to make and is an instant crowd pleaser—perfect for office parties and holiday gatherings.
- If “Rock-a-bye Baby” doesn’t seem to be lulling your child to sleep, don’t worry; just use some Marjoram oil. Prior to a nap, apply Marjoram to a fussy child’s feet. The calming properties of Marjoram oil will help soothe the child, helping him or her to rest easily and peacefully.
- Marjoram is a great spice to have in the kitchen and can help spice up a variety of dishes. Next time a recipe calls for dried Marjoram, replace it with Marjoram for a convenient and spicy flavoring that will take your meal to the next level. Usually, one drop of Marjoram is equivalent to two tablespoons of dried Marjoram.
- To bring relief to your muscles, apply Marjoram to the desired areas of your skin before and after exercising. Marjoram is also a perfect oil to add to a soothing massage blend for targeting tired and stressed muscles.
Marjoram Essential Oil Uses – Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
You may also like these:
1 drop Thyme
1 drop Marjoram
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Clary Sage
2 drops Ylang Ylang
1 drop Marjoram
This blend is designed to relax both body and mind. Diffuse at bedtime to help promote more restful sleep.
1 drop Basil
1 drop Marjoram
1 drop Lavender