If you would like to learn about doTERRA lime essential oil uses with DIY and food recipes you have come to the right place. I explain all about doTERRA lime and all the ways you can and how to use it. I think you’ll be pleased.
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties
- Often used as an internal cleanser*
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidant support*
- Add one drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties
- Combine with Melaleuca for a soothing scalp massage
- Add a drop to your salsa
- Diffuse while studying and then apply to wrists again while testing on those subjects
- Blends with Cedarwood, Black Pepper, and Cilantro
- Replace your sugar beverage with a drop of lemon and lime in water for a refreshing flavor
Famous for its distinct flavor and aroma, the lime fruit has seemingly endless applications for cooking, cleaning, personal care, and more. Much like the fruit, there are also many uses for Lime. Whether you want to add some zest to your smoothie or fill the room with an energizing aroma, once you use Lime oil, it will soon become a major staple in your daily essential oil use.
Uses and Benefits
- Known for its purifying properties, Lime is often used as an internal cleanser.* Lime oil may also support healthy immune function.* When you want to reap these internal benefits, consider adding a drop or two of Lime oil to your water glass or water bottle to enhance the flavor and provide antioxidant support.* If you want a flavorful drink that isn’t soda or full of sugar, you can also place a drop of Lemon and a drop of Lime oil in your water for a refreshing, sweet flavor.
- Looking for a flavorful side dish to take to your next party? You can always add a drop of Lime to homemade salsa to give it an extra punch of flavor. Lime oil is also a delicious addition to corn. Take a look at our essential oil recipe for Grilled Corn, which uses the flavors of Lime oil, cilantro , garlic, and cayenne pepper to turn regular corn on the cob into your new favorite snack. If you want a delicious side dish that is also guilt-free, try our Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Lime Dip. This unique essential oil recipe is the perfect addition to your next movie night, birthday party, or family get-together.
- Not only does Lime taste sweet, it also has a tart, citrus scent as well. This aroma is perfect for when you want to brighten a room or make your home feel clean or fresh. To utilize the smell of Lime oil around your house, try our Spring Fling Room Spray DIY. Simply combine Lemon, Grapefruit, and Lime oil with distilled water into a glass spray bottle and spray the concoction around your home or any area that could use a more cheerful scent.
- If you are a fan of fruity or sweet drinks, Lime oil is your new best friend. Lime will add a tart, naturally sweet flavor to your favorite slushies, smoothies, or drinks. For cooling relief on a hot summer’s day, try our Non-Alcoholic Cranberry & Lime Spritzer, which uses four simple ingredients to create a one-of-a-kind taste. For another simple Lime beverage, mix up a batch of this Raspberry Limeade. This delicious summer favorite gives you all the flavor without all of the processed sugars and preservatives that are added to store-bought lemonades.
- While the cleansing properties of Lime can be helpful for internal cleansing* or cleaning the house, you can also use Lime oil to help purify the skin and hair. Consider adding one or two drops of Lime to your face wash or shampoo to yield the benefits of added cleansing properties. To use Lime oil for hair, just combine with a few drops of Melaleuca and give yourself a scalp massage in the shower. When you want to use Lime for skin, try our Ginger-Lime Brown Sugar Scrub. You can easily make this facial scrub at home, and it will leave your skin softer and more exfoliating.
- Possibly one of the most common uses for the lime fruit is to add a tart, sweet flavor to dishes like chicken. This is also true for Lime —it can dress up any boring dinner when you are looking to add a little flavor. These Lime Chicken Tacos are a delicious twist on a classic favorite, bursting full of sweet and savory flavors. If you are looking for another way to incorporate Lime into your dinner plans, check out our Honey Lime Chicken Wings. With doTERRA Lime oil, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic, and more, this essential oil recipe has plenty of kick to it, and will soon become a summertime favorite to make on the grill.
- Because it has such a unique and stimulating scent, there are many benefits that come from diffusing Lime. The refreshing properties of Lime oil can positively affect mood when diffused. Lime oil can also promote well-being and emotional balance, so it is a good idea to diffuse Lime on days when you need to center and balance your emotions, or if you aren’t feeling your best. While diffusing Lime oil can help lift your mood, you can also diffuse this oil when you simply want to cleanse the air in your kitchen, bedroom, office, or the entire home.
- Like Lemon oil, Lime comes in handy for cleaning. There are countless ways to use Lime oil for cleaning, whether you want to get rid of a sticky mess, clean your countertops, or purify your hands. When you are left with a sticky, goopy, or greasy mess, you can use Lime to remove grease spots or residue left behind by stickers. Simply place a few drops of Lime oil on a cotton pad and rub down the sticky area until the residue or spot is gone. To keep your dishes extra clean (and smelling lovely), try our DIY Dish Soap, which uses Lime, Lemon, and Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend. This combination will leave your kitchen smelling great while giving your dishes a beautiful shine.
- Though it has many uses, the key lime (the same fruit that is used to produce Lime has gained a lot of popularity for its use in Key lime pie. While lime flavoring is useful for adding zest to weeknight dinners, or sweetness to our favorite drinks, it is also a very common flavor for desserts. If you are looking for a fun way to use Lime essential oil, take a look at our recipe for Citrus Coconut Popsicles. These tasty morsels of frozen citrus flavor are perfect for those times when you want to enjoy a cold treat on a warm summer night. For a healthier twist on dessert, consider trying this Key Lime Pie Parfait, which uses the delicious flavors of honey, yogurt, lime, and granola to produce a simple, yet favorite dessert.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Pear with Lime
Rub a drop of Lime essential oil on a fresh pear, cut, and enjoy. Eat with cheese and crackers.