I explain about doTERRA lemon essential oil uses plus I have a bunch of DIY and food recipes that use doTERRA lemon essential oil. The cleansing, purifying, and invigorating properties of Lemon make it one of the most versatile oils, not to mention the top-selling essential oil that doTERRA offers.
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion*
- Supports healthy respiratory function*
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort*
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals
- Put on rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces
- Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil
- Eradicate Undesirable Smells. The next time you have an international potpourri of food simultaneously brewing in your apartment complex at dinnertime, be sure to diffuse Lemon to neutralize odors.
- Get Rid Of The Sticky Stuff. Lemon is excellent for removing sticky tree sap, sticker residue and permanent It even gets gum out of hair
- Pump Life Into Your Water. If you, unfortunately, don’t have great water taste in your town, add Lemon to that pitcher of water in the fridge. Add ice. Shake well. You will love the flavor
- A Remodelers Friend. It is possible to have fresh paint on the walls and a fresh smell in the air Diffuse lemon while you repaint or remodel your
- Road;Trip Relief. The next time you going ‘over the river and through the woods’ on a family road trip, (with family or pets) a little Lemon on cotton balls (other absorbent material) spread over your air vents or goes a long, long way to create a more pleasurable trip.
- Perk Up. First, diffuse lemon to brighten and energize your mood. Then, pamper yourself by mixing a few drops with Melaleuca and fractionated coconut oil and apply on tired, dry, cracked feet.
- Flavor Boost. Add a drop of Lemon anytime you are cooking with lemon juice (Salmon on the BBQ, Lemon meringue pie, Lemon zest) to give it a deeper, more rich flavor. In soothing winter teas, you can simply add Lemon to warm water, an herbal tea and honey.
- Pick Me Up. When you lack motivation or energy, try rubbing a drop of Lemon on your hands, the back of your neck or even through your hair. You’ll be amazed at the power of the Lemony aroma
- Smell Lemons, Not Chemicals. Add a couple drops of Lemon to your dishwater. Adding Lemon will make it a better experience for you while taking advantage of the cleaning qualities of Lemon essential oil. Your glassware will be crystal clean.
- Super Study Powers. Diffuse with Peppermint in the classroom or during homework time to help the kids stay awake and focused.
- An Original All;Purpose Cleaner. Mix 5-6 drops Lemon with water and vinegar in a spray bottle to cleanse and purify surfaces. Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances. For stainless steel, mix Lemon essential oil with olive oil for best results.
- Preserve What You’ve Got. Use Lemon in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving.
- Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add Lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better
- Nourish Your Leathers & Furniture. Preserve and prevent leather from splitting with a Lemon soaked cloth. Also, a few drops of Lemon combined with a few drops to olive oil makes a great furniture polish.
- ‘Lemonize’ Your Laundry. Instead of dryer sheets, try adding a few drops to a damp washcloth in the dryer with the rest of your laundry. Be sure to set the dryer to a low-temperature cycle as high heat will lessen the effects of the oil.
1. A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Tame Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. You just fixed your bike. Your hands are black and greasy. Soap alone won’t remove the grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great de-greaser!
4. Clean the Disgusting. You can add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range hood, on your tables, countertops and other surfaces. For some extra chemical-free firepower, a little vinegar is a traditional favorite.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. When you clean the gunky build up in your shower, do you practically have to wear a gas mask to survive the fumes? Go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water build up.
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Whether you ride a Harley in style or cherish the patina of your leather sofa at home, your leathers are not maintenance free. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to preserve them, and prevent leather from splitting.
7. High Ho Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals. You may not eat on silver every day, but bracelets, earrings, necklaces often need some love.
8. Deactivate the Sticky. Lemon oil can help you avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Got kids with obsessive addictions to stickers or temporary tattoos? Works for those too.
9. Love Your Luster. Bring your furniture back to life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Your Stainless. You don’t need to hunt down that “single use” stainless steel cleaner anymore. Multi-use lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. You’ll love the way stainless looks and smells!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. What is living in the pores of your natural stone counters or floors? Lemon oil cleans deeply, seeps into stone and leaves you with a “real fresh lemons” aroma, rather than that fake lemon chemical smell.
12. Energize your Brush. If your toothbrush seems a bit tired, add a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to chase away that run-down feeling.
13. Quarantine Pungencies. Kid’s sneakers, a baby’s blowout, potty training … it all adds up to an less than desirable aroma. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
14. Take the Spine Out of Scuffs. Got a scuff mark that just won’t go away? Lemon oil lifts scuff marks in remarkable ways!
15. Curtail the Old. Things get stored away. Things get old. Things don’t see the light of day. Chase away that “old smell” and inject new energy with a good lemon oil wipe down.
16. Stop Cutting Board Palooza. Cutting boards should be cleaned regularly. But nobody wants to taste the chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the taste of lemon!
17. Control an Aphid Invasion, Naturally. Aphids — those pesky little bugs that dine on your roses and other plants. Lemon oil (or peppermint) with water in a garden spray bottle are a natural insect repeller that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Your dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better!
Cooking & Food
20. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon and peppermint in a glass of water and drink it up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water!
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
22. Pep Up Your Entrées. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad.
23. Preserve What You’ve Got. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving.
Body & Mind
24. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. When used with a humidifier, it’s a great way to slow upper respiratory problems.
25. De-scratch Your Scratchy Throat. Adding a couple drops of lemon to warm water & honey can change that yucky scratchy throat feeling. Use Lemon in an oral rinse to soothe the mouth and throat.
26. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using it with your hair product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
27. Nailed It! Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
28. Halt the Nervous Nellie, In You. When combined with lavender oil and diffused into a room, you’ll find you have less anxious feelings and are in a better mood.
29. Clear Thinking & Clear Focus, Made Visible. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
30. Cleanse. Lemon naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
31. Nice Mood … No Really. Chase away the moody blues (not the band), with a bit of blah-reducing lemon oil. Whether you choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
32. Was That a Crusty? Next time you notice hard, crusty skin on your feet, regularly add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll soon have softened skin!
33. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil can help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade exfoliant, add 4-5 drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub. Feels great!
Lemon Product Description
As one of doTERRA’s top-selling oils, Lemon oil has a variety of uses and benefits. With a clean, fresh, citrus aroma, Lemon is known for its purifying properties. Often used in cleaning products and air purifiers, Lemon has distinct cleansing and deodorizing characteristics that make it a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and purifying the air. As a versatile oil, Lemon also has the ability to aid in digestion and support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.* Whether it is being diffused, taken internally, or applied topically, Lemon offers a variety of benefits.
doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Add 2–4 drops to the diffuser of your choice to help boost your mood and improve the scent of the room.
- Rub 1–2 drops into your palms and inhale to invigorate your mind and body.
- Pour a couple drops into air vents to fill your house or car with a citrusy aroma.
- Add 1–2 drops to baked goods, beverages, or your favorite entrée to create a zesty flavor.
- Mix a couple drops with raw honey for immune-boosting benefits.*
- Add a couple drops to warm water with honey to help soothe irritated throat and boost your immune system.*
- Place a drop on your toothbrush or tongue for fresher breath and a cleaner mouth.
- Rub a drop on your hands after being in a public place such as a public bathroom or before pushing shopping carts.
- Apply to cleanse specific area on the skin.
- Massage 2–4 drops onto your skin to improve circulation
- Rub 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease, sap, or crayon.
- Combine with water in a spray bottle to clean surfaces.
- Use to clean silverware and baking dishes.
doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Get to Know Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Diffuser Blends
doTERRA Lemon Uses
Cleaning Your Diffuser