doTERRA oils are perfects for kids to use. My children love and use them all the time and wouldn’t know what to do without them. The following is a list of some of our favorite uses.
doTERRA Kids Oils and Recipes
What you need:
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon borax
- 1/8 cup of clear glue
- 1-2 drops of Balance essential oil
- In a plastic cup mix together water and borax, once the borax dissolves, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together glue, Balance essential oil and glitter until combined.
- Pour glue substance into the cup of water mixture, and stir with a popsicle stick until it forms a clump of glue. Note: the glue will not combine with the water, you are simple swirling it around until the glue becomes more solid
- Take the glue out and place it on a paper towel. Fold the paper towel over it to dry the water.
- Play with it in your hands so all of the bubbles release, and form into a ball.
- Use two round tablespoons to get the perfect ball.
Polka Dot Slime
What you need:
- 2 five ounce bottles of clear school glue
- liquid starch
- craft pom poms
- 2-3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Pour your two five ounce bottles of clear glue into a bowl along with the Lavender essential oil.
- Add liquid starch a little bit at a time (in tablespoons) and stir well in between each tablespoon.
- Knead to make it uniform, then add your pom poms and knead them in as well.
Tip: Always shake your liquid starch container before use. You will want to keep adding liquid starch until the slime is no longer stringy or sticking to the bowl.
What you need:
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons of plaster of paris
- 1/3 cup of water
- few drops of food coloring paste
- popsicle silicone mold
- popsicle sticks
- 2-4 drops of Wild Orange essential oil for a summer scent
Note: This recipe makes enough for one popsicle.
- In a plastic cup, mix the plaster, Wild Orange essential oil and water until a paste forms. Mix in the food coloring for the color you desire.
- Place the plaster mix inside the mold with a plastic spoon, and place a popsicle stick far down in the middle.
- After about 45 minutes, the popsicle chalks will harden enough to take out of the molds, then allow them to dry upright in a cup until they are completely hardened.
Tip: Silicone molds are the best way to go, when they are dry you simple roll the mold down the popsicle.
Give your child’s backpack a makeover with the doTERRA Backpack Makeover! You’ll love these great ideas… everything from yummy lunch ideas, to delicious-tasting vitamins, homemade hand sanitizer, or specific oils designed to help them stay focused at school – many can be made right at home with doTERRA essential oils. You won’t believe all the difference doTERRA can make with your kiddos in school! It a “must check out” for a successful school year. The following ideas are a sneak peak from the doTERRA site of some items and great ideas you’ll find in the backpack makeover…
There are some tasty recipes that include ideas for “wild orange peanut butter sandwiches” (who doesn’t love a great new idea for a peanut butter sandwich?) and “tangerine fruit dip” that kids will love! Just a few drops of wild orange essential oil or Tangerine essential oil – and voila! You may find a new favorite in your home! Also included are some supplement ideas great for kids, such as IQ Mega and a2z Chewables – that are easy to swallow or chew, very kid-friendly, and really tasty, too! And, don’t forget – you can learn how to make your own natural energy-filled drinks for them instead of sending them with the store-bought sugar-filled fruit drinks. Lemon is common for the flavoring – but you could also try a variety of other yummy doTERRA fruit-flavorings like: Grapefruit, Lime, Peppermint, Tangerine , Wild Orange, or Citrus Bliss. Be creative!
Do any of your kids struggle in school with attention or staying focused? You may want to look into some of the oils they mention (InTune, Peppermint & Wild Orange) for keeping kids (and adults!) focused and on task. Couldn’t we all use a little more help with that occasionally? Or, do you have a child with anxious feelings or emotional concerns? They even have some oils for that, too! Balance is one oil that has been known to work really well for that.
It has a little something for everyone’s backpack. You’ll be glad you did! Help your children take on a new school year feeling rested, focused, positive, excited and ready for their new adventure!
Kid Bath BombsSource
Baby Linen Spray
Reusable Baby Wipes with Essential Oils
Mommy and Baby Workout
Rules for Using Essential Oils on ChildrenSource
Dilution for Children
Top Essential Oils for Kids and Families
Essential Oils for FocusSource
DIY Diaper CreamSource
You will love the sweet and refreshing aroma associated with this Fruity Pebbles diffuser blend
2 drops Lemongrass
2 drops Grapefruit
1 drop Bergamot
Birthday Diffuser Blends
Deliciously Sweet doTERRA Diffuser Blends
There’s just something about the smell of sweets that is so good. I mean, I very rarely eat sweets myself, but I LOVE the smell of them. So I love to diffuse diffuser blends like these that not only smell really good but are good for you. Talk about win-win!
Back to School
2 drops Frankincense
2 drops Wild Orange
2 drops Peppermint
Birthday Diffuser Blend
Fruit Punch Diffuser Blend