Who would’ve guessed that you can make amazing recipes without the herbs and spices?! Well, try this doTERRA Italian sausage tortellini soup recipe with the substituted essential oils instead of herbs and see if YOU can tell a difference! We bet you can’t! Isn’t it amazing what you can do with a little doTERRA? Happy cooking!
Find out more about doTERRA essential oils used in this recipe:
doTERRA Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
This doTERRA soup is full of sausage and veggies and full of flavor from the essential oils.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 bag diced or sliced carrots
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 32-49 oz can or box low sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- Dash of oregano
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 drop doTERRA rosemary essential oil
- Toothpick of doTERRA oregano essential oil
- Toothpick of doTERRA basil essential oil
- Garlic salt to taste
- Parsley (optional)
- 1 20 oz package tortellini
- In a large pan or wok, combine sausage, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and a dash of oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer covered. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and essential oils.
- Add garlic salt to taste. If desired, add fresh, chopped parsley for garnish.
- Prior to serving, add just enough tortellini per serving. This prevents tortellini from absorbing too much broth and getting soggy.
Keywords: essential oil, sausage, tortellini, zucchini, tomato, carrots, squash