- Add to your shampoo or moisturizer to improve the look of your skin and hair
- Diffuse in your bedroom after a long, stressful day or before meditation
- Apply to your skin the day before a big photo shoot or presentation
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep
- After a long day of working on your honey-do list, add one to two drops to your hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated
- Apply one to two drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine
- Inhale Sandalwood directly from palms or diffuse to lessen tension and balance emotions
Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
After a long process of stripping, chipping, filtering, and distilling Hawaiian Sandalwood heartwood, Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil is produced and used for its wide variety of uses and benefits. Its main chemical component, santalol, gives Hawaiian Sandalwood oil grounding and uplifting properties. This oil is commonly used for its aromatic benefits due to its ability to enhance mood, lessen tension, and promote well-being. The scent of Hawaiian Sandalwood is rich, woody, and honey-like. With its pleasant aroma and mood-benefiting qualities, Hawaiian Sandalwood makes a great oil for massages and aromatherapy. Hawaiian Sandalwood oil is also renowned for its skin benefits and is frequently used in skin care products. This oil promotes healthy-looking and smooth skin and reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Experience the benefits and uses of Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil by trying the following essential oil tips and DIYs.
- Hawaiian Sandalwood is well-known for its skin benefiting properties and is often used in skin care products and routines. Add a little Hawaiian Sandalwood to your skin care routine to promote smooth and healthy-looking skin and to help reduce the appearance of occasional skin imperfections. Just apply one or two drops to the desired areas of your skin and gently rub the oil in. To minimize any skin sensitivity, dilute Hawaiian Sandalwood oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Incorporate Hawaiian Sandalwood oil into your yoga or meditation routines. Hawaiian Sandalwood oil is composed of natural chemicals that help ground emotions, and it is frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties. To improve your meditation or yoga experiences, use Hawaiian Sandalwood oil topically or aromatically and encircle yourself with the grounding, uplifting, and mood-enhancing properties of Hawaiian Sandalwood.
- Soak those tense feelings away and enjoy a nice hot bath with Hawaiian Sandalwood. This bath is the perfect solution for the end of a tiresome day. Simply fill the bath with your desired temperature of water and add one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood. This combination will help promote relaxation and lessen tension.
- Hawaiian Sandalwood is rich with beneficial properties for the skin and can be applied simply and quickly. For a radiant overnight skin makeover, add one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your favorite moisturizer or night cream and apply it to the desired areas of your skin. This fast, nightly application will leave your skin looking healthy, smooth, and glowing for the next day.
- Lather, rinse, and repeat with Hawaiian Sandalwood oil and enhance the look of your hair. Add Hawaiian Sandalwood to the shampoo of your choosing and enjoy the fresh and healthy look it brings to your hair.
- Have a big presentation, wedding, or photo shoot in the near future? Make your skin the least of your worries. For healthy-looking and smooth skin, apply Hawaiian Sandalwood to your skin the day before your big event. This oil will help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and will give you a nice, healthy glow.
- Because of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil’s powerful grounding and mood-enhancing properties, it can be used in a variety of different ways to help ease tension and help to de-stress. After a long, stressful day, diffuse three to four drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood oil in your diffuser to help uplift mood and decrease tension. For a restful night’s sleep, diffuse three to four drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood in your diffuser or apply a couple of drops to the neck and shoulders at bedtime. To lessen tension and balance emotions at any time of the day, inhale Hawaiian Sandalwood oil directly from the palms of your hands.
- Receive a supreme spa experience without taking a step outside of your home. Start by filling a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your face. Place your face above the bowl of steaming water and drape a towel over the back of your head and across the bowl, creating a tent-like shape. This experience will help your skin feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Give your hair a vibrant glow. Apply one to two drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your wet hair once you get out of the shower. This will help restore moisture to your hair and will give it a silky shine.
Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses -Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Here are other doTERRA posts you may also like:
2 drops Hawaiian Sandalwood
2 drops Passion Inspiring Blend
2 drops Hawaiian Sandalwood
2 drops Lime
2 drops Wild Orange
2 drops Eucalyptus
You Had Me at Aloha
Say Aloha to this sweet, tropical blend and create your own Hawaiian paradise without buying a plane ticket. Laced with the breezy scents of the islands, you’ll be instantly transported to the oasis of your dreams.
2 drops Grapefruit
2 drops Hawaiian Sandalwood
3 drops Ylang Ylang
Youth in a Bottle
10 drops Frankincense
8 drops Helichrysum
2 drops Lavender
Apply to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles