The day I discovered doTERRA On Guard is a day my life changed dramatically for the better. For reals. I am finally empowered to take care of myself and my children. In the past seven years or so that I have been a member of doTERRA, I have had options.
If I start to get worn down from not sleeping enough and get that tickle in my throat, all I have to do is put one drop of On Guard in an empty gel cap and drink it with some water and by the next morning, I forget I was even feeling down.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard of things going around the neighborhood and we don’t get them any more (or least not as severely) – and the main thing I do is put a drop of On Guard on my children’s feet every night before they go to bed. Prevention is key.
As one of doTERRA’s most popular oils, On Guard is a powerful proprietary blend that supports healthy immune function* and contains cleansing properties.
Our oil blend has a greater range of applications and it can be used topically, aromatically, and internally. This is one of my favorites to diffuse at home, especially going back to school, because of its protective benefits. Keeping my family safe from environmental threats is high on my priority list.
This is one of my favorite oils not only because of the amazing benefits it brings to my family after a long day at school/work but because it smells so good! Diffusing On Guard along with Wild Orange and Lemon creates a lovely scent that uplifts my family and boosts their immune system at the same time.
Another of my favorite ways to use this oil is the On Guard Beadlets. They are 1/4th of a drop of oil from the bottle which is the perfect amount if you need a quick pick-me-up.
I also love the cleaner concentrate cause I feel like it’s really cleaning the surfaces of my house and not just pushing stuff around. They also have toothpaste, soap and a spray our family uses regularly to help us support healthy immune function. We go through quite a lot of it but it’s totally worth it!
You can see from the list below it’s popular in food recipes and for DIY cleaning recipes. Check out some of the great ideas below! It is one of the most popular oil blends at dōTERRA because of its wide range of uses. How have you used the oil in your home?
doTERRA On Guard Cost
How to Use doTERRA On Guard – How Do You Apply On Guard Oil?
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Read more about boosting your immune system from doTERRA’s website.
doTERRA On Guard Uses
- Sniffle Season Relief. Diffuse On Guard Protective Blend anytime you are concerned about ‘what’s going around’ schools, sports arenas, churches and other crowded venues.
- Get Turbo Charged. Mix a few drops of On Guard with 2 drops Lemon and honey or agave nectar in a teaspoon to soothe your throat during the winter.
- Primp Your Carpets. Add 15 drops of On Guard to a cup of cornstarch or baking soda. Mix, sprinkle and rake on the carpet then allow it to sit for up to an hour. Then, vacuum it clean
- Rub-A-Tub Tub…In a Pleasing Way. Mix 5-6 drops with a half cup of baking soda to clean your bathtub and skip all of the harsh, bleaching chemicals.
- Be Naturally On Guard, All Day. Let On Guard blend with Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon , Eucalyptus, and Rosemary assist in the work of immune support and maintenance. One of the most popular ways to use On Guard is to add a few drops to a Veggie Capsule and swallow. It does wonders.
- Augment Your Air Filters. Diffusing can work miracles, but you can also put a few drops of On Guard on your car’s cabin air filter or home air filters to obliterate dank, stale filtered air…right from the duct
- “An Ounce Of Prevention…” Some people amp up their Zinc or Vitamin C intake (via orange juice) every autumn. If this is you, add a few drops of On Guard to your juice for added protection.
- Help For Your Speaking Docket. If you’re a ‘close talker’ or public speaker, create a protective mouth rinse by adding a drop on On Guard to 4-6 oz. of water, gargle and pep up to your delivery.
- Your Mouth Will Thank You. Try swishing On Guard with a bit of water after dental work. You can also apply On Guard directly to your teeth and gums (or add a drop to your toothpaste) to soothe irritated gums. For a clean toothbrush, store it overnight in a small glass of water with 3-5 drops of On Guard.
- Got a Pull-Out Kitchen Cabinet Garbage Bin? Garbage inside a dark cabinet is an ideal breeding ground for horrific odors. When you take out the garbage, spray down your cabinet with On Guard and water. On Guard Cleaner Concentrate is also excellent for this purpose.
- Eradicate That Oven Cleaner Smell. Caked on black oven gunk does not easily come off. After your oven’s self-clean cycle, spray a mix of purified water, On Guard and Lemon onto the oven interior. This will clear up all of the greasy smells as well as the smell of the oven cleaner
- Gym Machines Will Thank You. Before climbing on to that sweaty vinyl at the gym, spray it with On Guard and water. Wipe down like you mean it. Your sweaty comrades will thank you.
- Be Protected On-The-Go. Traveling to the wide open corners of the world often leaves you without hand sanitizer handy. Make your own by mixing 5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel, 4 Tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and 8-10 drops On Guard Protective Blend in a small squeeze bottle. Violá
- Sharing Is Caring…But Not Always A few drops of On Guard in a spray bottle with water works wonders on grimy doorknobs, hand railings, and countertops. Share germs no more
- Smelly Pipes Got Your Rinse Down? Add-On Guard to your wash during the rinse cycle for all of the benefits of On Guard in your laundry It will leave your laundry extra clean and smelling great.
On Guard Softgels
On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
On Guard Sanitizing Mist
This product not only brings the amazing aroma of On Guard around anytime you spray it, but it will kill 99.9% of bacteria and other germs without drying out your hands! Could we ask for anything more? Probably not. This 27mL bottle of sanitizing mist is perfect to keep with you at all times in your backpack, your purse, or even in your pocket. The active ingredient is naturally derived, USP Certified ethyl alcohol, which gives the mist antiseptic properties to effectively cleanse and prevent the spread of bacteria.
On Guard Protecting Throat Drops
On Guard Laundry Detergent
On Guard Foaming Hand Wash
On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste
On Guard Beadlet
On Guard Mouthwash
Do you love using mouthwash but hate the burning sensation of the alcohol? dōTERRA On Guard® Mouthwash is alcohol-free and formulated to clean teeth and gums, reduce plaque, and promote a healthy–looking mouth when used as part of a hygiene routine that includes brushing and flossing. Use it morning and night after brushing teeth with doTERRA On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste by swishing it thoroughly for 60 seconds. Be sure to shake well before each use.
3 drops On Guard Protective Blend
3 drops Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend