The day I discovered doTERRA On Guard is a day my life changed dramatically for the better. For reals. I am finally empowered to take care of myself and my children. The past five years or so that I have been a member of doTERRA, I have had options. If I start to get worn down from not sleeping enough and get that tickle in my throat, all I have to do is put one drop of On Guard in an empty gel cap and drink it with some water and by the next morning, I forget I was even feeling down.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard of things going around the neighborhood and we don’t get them any more (or least not as severely) – and the main thing I do is put a drop of On Guard on my children’s feet every night before they go to bed. Prevention is key.
15 On Guard Protective Blend Uses
- Sniffle Season Relief. Diffuse On Guard Protective Blend anytime you are concerned about ‘what’s going around’ schools, sports arenas, churches and other crowded venues.
- Get Turbo Charged. Mix a few drops of On Guard with 2 drops Lemon and honey or agave nectar in a teaspoon to soothe your throat during the winter.
- Primp Your Carpets. Add 15 drops of On Guard to a cup of cornstarch or baking soda. Mix, sprinkle and rake on the carpet then allow it to sit for up to an hour. Then, vacuum it clean
- Rub-A-Tub Tub…In a Pleasing Way. Mix 5-6 drops with a half cup of baking soda to clean your bathtub and skip all of the harsh, bleaching chemicals.
- Be Naturally On Guard, All Day. Let On Guard blend with Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon , Eucalyptus, and Rosemary assist in the work of immune support and maintenance. One of the most popular ways to use On Guard is to add a few drops to a Veggie Capsule and swallow. It does wonders.
- Augment Your Air Filters. Diffusing can work miracles, but you can also put a few drops of On Guard on your car’s cabin air filter or home air filters to obliterate dank, stale filtered air…right from the duct
- “An Ounce Of Prevention…” Some people amp up their Zinc or Vitamin C intake (via orange juice) every autumn. If this is you, add a few drops of On Guard to your juice for added protection.
- Help For Your Speaking Docket. If you’re a ‘close talker’ or public speaker, create a protective mouth rinse by adding a drop on On Guard to 4-6 oz. of water, gargle and pep up to your delivery.
- Your Mouth Will Thank You. Try swishing On Guard with a bit of water after dental work. You can also apply On Guard directly to your teeth and gums (or add a drop to your toothpaste) to soothe irritated gums. For a clean toothbrush, store it overnight in a small glass of water with 3-5 drops of On Guard.
- Got a Pull-Out Kitchen Cabinet Garbage Bin? Garbage inside a dark cabinet is an ideal breeding ground for horrific odors. When you take out the garbage, spray down your cabinet with On Guard and water. On Guard Cleaner Concentrate is also excellent for this purpose.
- Eradicate That Oven Cleaner Smell. Caked on black oven gunk does not easily come off. After your oven’s self-clean cycle, spray a mix of purified water, On Guard and Lemon onto the oven interior. This will clear up all of the greasy smells as well as the smell of the oven cleaner
- Gym Machines Will Thank You. Before climbing on to that sweaty vinyl at the gym, spray it with On Guard and water. Wipe down like you mean it. Your sweaty comrades will thank you.
- Be Protected On-The-Go. Traveling to the wide open corners of the world often leaves you without hand sanitizer handy. Make your own by mixing 5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel, 4 Tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and 8-10 drops On Guard Protective Blend in a small squeeze bottle. Violá
- Sharing Is Caring…But Not Always A few drops of On Guard in a spray bottle with water works wonders on grimy doorknobs, hand railings, and countertops. Share germs no more
- Smelly Pipes Got Your Rinse Down? Add-On Guard to your wash during the rinse cycle for all of the benefits of On Guard in your laundry It will leave your laundry extra clean and smelling great.
As one of doTERRA’s most popular oils, On Guard is a powerful proprietary blend that supports healthy immune function* and contains cleansing properties.
- With its unique aroma, it is a fragrant, natural, way to clean
- It is an effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support*
- Diffuse for cleansing the air
- Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost*
- Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*
- Rub on the bottom of kid’s feet during school season
- Diffuse in the home before company arrives to help cleanse the air and add a spicy and sweet aroma
- Diffuse in class settings for an uplifting scent
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Protects against environmental threats
- Diffuse in your home or office during fall and winter months
- Add to water for an effect all-purpose cleaner for surfaces
- Supports healthy respiratory function*
This is one of my favorite blends, not only because of the amazing benefits it brings to my family after a long day at school and work, but because it smells so good! Diffusing it along with Wild Orange and Lemon creates a lovely scent that uplifts my family and boosts their immune system at the same time.
Another of my favorite ways to use this oil is the Beadlets. They are 1/4 of a drop of oil from the bottle which is the perfect amount if you need a quick pick me up. It is one of the most popular oils blends at dōTERRA because of its wide range of uses.
This is one of my favorites to diffuse at home because of its protective benefits. Keeping my family safe from environmental threats is high on my priority list. I also love the cleaner concentrate cause I feel like it’s really cleaning the surfaces of my house and not just pushing stuff around.
They also have toothpaste, soap and a spray our family uses regularly to help us support healthy immune function. We go through quite a lot of it but it’s totally worth it!
You can see from the list below it’s popular in food recipes and for DIY cleaning recipes. Check out some of the great ideas below!
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Read more about boosting your immune system from doTERRA’s website.
Here are other doTERRA posts you may also like:
More doTERRA On Guard Essential Oil Uses
DIY Countertop Cleaner
8 drops On Guard Protective Blend
1 cup water
Add ingredients to a spray bottle to clean counter tops and surfaces
3 drops OnGuard Protective Blend
3 drops Wild Orange
3 drops Lemon
3 drops On Guard Protective Blend
3 drops Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend
Protect Against Environmental and Seasonal Threats
20 Different Ways to Use On Guard
4 Quick Ways to Use On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
10 Ways to Use On Guard Cleaner
On Guard Mist
On Guard®+ Softgels
Using On Guard Sanitizing Mist
On Guard+ Softgels
On Guard+ Beadlet
On Guard Uses and Benefits
As one of our most popular blends, doTERRA On Guard® helps support healthy immune function* and contains cleansing properties.Source
On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste
Always Be Prepared with On Guard and Breathe
Cleaning with Oils Other than Citrus
Using On Guard and Frankincense for Self-Care
The Daily Health Habits Routine
On Guard Whitening Toothpaste
On Guard Softgels
On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste
On Guard Softgels
On Guard Beadlet
On Guard Touch
Product Information Page
On Guard Protective Blend