doTERRA Eucalyptus Essential Oil Uses for Many of Your Needs. Eucalyptus essential oil has many uses. I have a list of ways you can reap the benefits of this essential oil including diffuser blends and other useful recipes.
Used to cleanse surfaces and the air, Eucalyptus essential oil can help promote feelings of relaxation and clear breathing.
- Helps lessen feelings of tension
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Promotes feelings of clear breathing and open airways
- Ideal for creating a soothing massage experience
- Has purifying properties that can be beneficial for the skin and for cleansing surfaces and the air
- Found in mouth rinses and oral hygiene products to freshen breath.
- Diffuse during the winter months to invigorate you on a cold, dreary day
- Add to a spray bottle with water and use it to wipe down surfaces in your kitchen or bathroom
- Place one to two drops in your hand and inhale deeply to clear the mind
- Add one drop to moisturizer and apply to skin for revitalizing benefits
- Place a few drops in your morning shower to invigorate and promote vitality
Derived from the leaf of a tall evergreen tree, Eucalyptus oil offers many topical and aromatic benefits. Because the main chemical components of Eucalyptus oil are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol, this essential oil has a soothing, cooling vapor. These effects make Eucalyptus oil ideal for a soothing massage. The benefits of Eucalyptus oil can be easily obtained through inhaling and diffusing. Aromatically, the compounds of Eucalyptus oil can promote feelings of a clear mind and relaxation. Eucalyptus oil also contains strong purifying properties that are advantageous for the skin and can be used to cleanse surfaces and the air. Due to its cleansing properties, Eucalyptus oil is found in mouth rinses to freshen breath and promote oral health.
Uses and Benefits
- Keep your surfaces clean and fingerprint free with the cleansing benefits of Eucalyptus oil all-purpose spray. To create this simple cleaner, mix 10 drops of Eucalyptus oil, Peppermint essential oil, and Wild Orange essential oil with 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 3/4 cup water in a 16. oz glass spray bottle . Then, simply shake the bottle and spray on needed surfaces. This spray is perfect for a quick clean around the house and smells great!
- Make your shower experience even more relaxing. Place two drops Eucalyptus oil directly onto the shower floor while you are showering. The steam from the water will create a natural diffuser for the Eucalyptus oil, leaving you with a clear, invigorated feeling.
- After a long day, let your tense feelings go with the help of Eucalyptus oil. Put some Eucalyptus oil in a diffuser before bedtime. The aroma of Eucalyptus oil will promote feelings of relaxation, preparing you for a better night’s sleep.
- Don’t just settle for a run-of-the-mill lotion. Transform your moisturizer into a beneficial product for your skin and your senses. Add one drop of Eucalyptus essential oil to a moisturizer of your choice. Rub this mixture together and then apply it to your skin for revitalizing benefits.
- If you are feeling tension but have little time to relax, don’t stifle your feelings, let them go with the help of Eucalyptus essential oil. Next time you feel tension, place a few drops of Eucalyptus oil into your hands, cup your hands over your nose, and inhale deeply. This simple and quick process will give you a calming yet energizing boost.
- Use Eucalyptus oil in your massage practices to create a soothing massage experience. Eucalyptus can be easily combined with a cream or lotion of your choice to help spread the effects of the oil while also bringing moisturizing benefits to your skin. The chemical components found in Eucalyptus oil also produce a soothing, cooling vapor, which makes it an ideal oil for massage use.
- The aromatic benefits of Eucalyptus oil can be easily obtained when diffused. During the winter months or on a cold, dreary day, use Eucalyptus oil to invigorate, soothe, and uplift.
- Yoga and meditation can both be calming activities that can help unify and revitalize your body. Part of what makes these activities so renewing is having time to clear the mind of unnecessary or cluttered thoughts. To help enhance your yoga or meditation experience, incorporate Eucalyptus oil into your practice, as it helps clear the mind.
Directions for Use of Eucalyptus:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.