Here you can learn about doTERRA douglas fir essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about douglas fir and all the ways you can use it and how to use it. Sourced from young trees in New Zealand, premium Douglas Fir oil can help promote feelings of clear airways during aromatic use, and cleanse the skin when used topically.
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin
- Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus
Sourced from evergreen fir trees in New Zealand, Douglas Fir oil possesses a unique chemical composition that gives it a purifying, uplifting, refreshing fragrance. The Douglas Fir is often used in the Christmas tree industry because of its fresh, woody aroma reminiscent of the outdoors. Along with an inviting, refreshing scent, Douglas Fir oil can help purify the skin when applied topically.
Uses and Benefits
- Because Douglas Fir trees are often used in the Christmas tree industry, the aroma of Douglas Fir has many uses around the holidays. You can create your own holiday room spray, and invite the smells of the season into your home. Simply combine 15 drops of Frankincense, 15 drops of Grapefruit, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir into a glass spray bottle . Top with water and spray!
- Many people use Douglas Fir oil for skin because it holds cleaning and purifying properties when applied topically. Due to its chemical makeup, Douglas Fir is very useful for cleaning—whether you are wiping down counters or purifying your skin when you wash your face in the morning. To enjoy the benefits of Douglas Fir oil for your skin, add a few drops of the oil to your facial moisturizer to help cleanse and purify the skin.
- With a combination of citrus and wood notes, Douglas Fir oil’s aroma can help promote an uplifting and positive environment. When you want to create a positive mood at home, at the office, or in a child’s bedroom, diffuse a few drops of Douglas Fir. Because of its unique chemistry, Douglas Fir oil blends well with citrus, wood, and spice essential oils. Along with creating a positive mood, diffusing Douglas Fir oil will also freshen and purify the air—an added bonus!
- Bring an invigorating aroma to your daily hygiene routine by adding a few drops of Douglas Fir to your favorite cleansers and soaps. Add one drop of Douglas Fir oil to your facial cleanser, and enjoy the purifying and cleansing properties this oil has to offer. Before you get in the shower, add a drop or two of Douglas Fir oil to bar soap or body wash to experience added cleansing benefits with a refreshing aroma.
- For a relaxing, cooling massage experience, consider combining Douglas Fir with one or two drops of Wintergreen. Remember, doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil makes a great carrier oil for massages because it is safe and high quality. Diluting oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil can help you avoid skin sensitivity, particularly when using oils that are especially potent.
- Want an invigorating diffuser blend that will uplift your mood and help you focus? Combine Douglas Fir, Wild Orange, and Lemon or Bergamot in your diffuser for a blend that will freshen the air, uplift the mood, and promote a sense of focus. Need extra help focusing? Inhale Douglas Fir oil directly from the bottle.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.