- Prior to a long run, apply Cypress to your feet and legs for an energizing boost
- Apply two to three drops to chest before gardening to promote vitality and energy
- Add one to two drops to your toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin
- Diffuse with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent
- Has cleansing and calming effects when applied topically
Promoting vitality and boosting energetic feelings, Cypress essential oil can be used for its aromatic and topical benefits. Cypress essential oil is composed of monoterpenes, which can help improve the appearance of oily skin. It can also be applied topically to give the body an energizing lift. The chemical structure of Cypress essential oil also contributes to its renewing and uplifting fragrance. When used aromatically, Cypress produces a clean aroma that has both an invigorating and grounding effect on the emotions. Due to Cypress essential oil’s rejuvenating aroma and skin benefits, it is commonly used in spas and by massage therapists.
- A salve can be an effective way to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Try making your own Cypress salve with this DIY Soothing Salve recipe. The addition of Cypress oil to the other oils in this recipe creates an invigorating vapor that can be useful during winter months. This salve has the texture of petroleum jelly and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Needing the energy to get up and run? Don’t sweat it, just apply Cypress essential oil to your feet and legs prior to a long run. The vitalizing sensation of Cypress on your skin will give you the motivational boost you need to endure and enjoy your long run.
- Oily skin is a common problem for many people. If you are looking for a way to reduce the shiny glow of oily skin, add Cypress to your daily routine. To rid your skin of the oily look, add one to two drops of Cypress to help improve the appearance of oily skin. This addition to your daily toner can help you feel more confident in your external radiance.
- Fill the air with the fresh scents of essential oils in this Cypress diffuser blend. Add Lime and Cypress in the diffuser of your choice for an invigorating scent. The soft, woody aroma of Cypress will work to renew and uplift the senses while the scent of Lime will help purify the air. This diffuser combination is perfect for diffusing in times of transition or when feeling a lack of energy.
- Cypress is known for its skin benefits. Don’t miss out on Cypress oil’s amazing qualities. Topically apply Cypress essential oil for a cleansing and calming effect.
- Fill your home with the scent of fresh forest air by using this essential oil diffuser blend. Add two drops of Cypress, three drops White Fir, and one drop Cedarwood for a refreshing, woodsy aroma. These three tree-based oils will give you the feel of a fresh evergreen forest that will be perfect for any outdoor lover.
- Are you wanting a renewed and fresh look for your skin? Try using the topical benefits of Cypress by adding it to doTERRA’s unscented Spa Hand & Body Lotion. This homemade, Cypress-infused lotion can also be used for its aromatic benefits to produce a grounding and stimulating scent when applied.
- Give yourself a little piece of relaxation at the end of the day by using Cypress in a bath. For optimal results, add a half cup of Epsom salt and three drops of Cypress to a warm tub to help your body relax and revitalize after a stressful day.
- When you are feeling stagnant, inhale Cypress directly from the bottle. Inhaling Cypress has many benefits and can have a grounding and stimulating effect on the emotions. Because Cypress contains a variety monoterpenes, its aromatic compounds help to uplift and give you the added boost you may need.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.