- Popular spice used in many dishes from around the world
- Supports digestive health and helps to relieve occasional digestive discomfort*
- Purifying to the body’s systems*
- Add one to three drops to stews, soups, and curries for a spicy flavor
- Add one to two drops to four ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse
- Promotes digestive health*
Cumin is only available for purchase by current Wellness Advocates as part of the Summer Sensations kit, while supplies last.Learn how to get the best possible price »
Join doTERRA in March 2019 with a Home Essentials Kit and receive a Deep Blue rub and 5 ml Deep Blue for FREE!
Cumin Essential Oil Product Description
Extracted from the seeds of the Cuminum cyminum, Cumin oil is a powerful essential oil that can be used for bodily health and for cooking. Just as ground cumin is most commonly known for its prominent place on the kitchen spice rack, Cumin oil is equally as notable for its culinary contribution. This essential oil can bring a zest to any savory meal and can transform a bland dish into a spicy and flavorful cuisine. In addition to its cooking uses, it can also be used aromatically in a diffuser. The aroma of Cumin essential oil is warm, spicy, and nutty. When taken internally with food, water, or in a veggie capsule, Cumin oil can provide digestive aid to the body.* The cuminaldehyde in Cumin has a warming effect on skin and can be felt when applied topically.
Cumin Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Cumin essential oil is a popular spice that can be used to enhance culinary dishes from around the world. For a spicy cumin flavoring, add one to three drops of Cumin essential oil to stews, soups, and curies. Cumin oil also provides an easy and convenient replacement for ground cumin. Next time you have a recipe that requires ground cumin, substitute it with Cumin essential oil.
- If you are in need of quick digestive relief, take Cumin oil internally to assist with digestive health.* Cumin oil is a great essential oil for supporting digestive health, and it can help relieve occasional digestive discomfort.* When stomach troubles arise, add one drop of Cumin oil to four ounces of water and drink, or add a drop of Cumin oil to a veggie capsule and ingest with liquid.*
- If you’re looking for a simple way to cleanse your body internally, Cumin oil provides a quality option.* Cumin oil has the ability to purify the body’s systems, and it is ideal for internal cleansing.* When taking advantage of Cumin oil’s purifying properties, make sure to dilute it in fluid or take it in a veggie capsule.
- On cold or rainy days, dilute Cumin essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply it to the desired areas of your skin. Cumin oil will provide a warming sensation that will help you feel warm and cozy even when the weather is cold and dreary.
- Before you leave your house for a night out, quickly freshen up with a Cumin essential oil mouth rinse. Simply add one to two drops of Cumin oil to four ounces of water and gargle. This effective mouth rinse will leave your breath feeling and smelling fresh and clean.
- Add 1–3 drops to stews, soups, and curries for a spicy flavor.
- Dilute and apply topically for a warming sensation.
- Add one drop to 4oz. of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to desired area.
Spicy Cumin Rub Ribs
Lentil Dal with Garlic