This week’s Drops of Wisdom features dōTERRA’s Clove essential oil. Clove happens to be one of my favorites because of its ability to support oral health. In my day to day routine, I like to add a couple drops of Clove in a glass of water for an easy and cheap mouthwash.
Have you tried dōTERRA Clove oil yet? If not, you are missing out! This unique oil has a variety of uses including cleaning the gums and teeth, providing a warming massage, adding flavor to desserts and other dishes—the list goes on and on. The warm, spicy scent of Clove makes it very powerful and invigorating, and a good addition to a diffuser blend, especially in the fall and winter seasons. Whether you are looking for an essential oil that can provide a soothing massage, improve your oral hygiene, spice up your meals, or provide internal benefits*, Clove oil is a must-have for your essential oil collection.
- Place one drop of Clove in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect
- Helps to clean the teeth and gums while promoting fresh breath
- Combine with doTERRA Hand and Body Lotion for a warming massage
- During your nightly routine, add one drop of clove to your toothbrush before applying toothpaste
- After your six month cleaning at the dentist, apply one drop Clove to teeth and gums
- Clove essential oil contains powerful antioxidant properties*
- During the Fall and Winter season, diffuse three drops Clove, two drops Cinnamon , and one drop Wild Orange for an invigorating scent
- Place two to three drops in a doTERRA Veggie Cap and take internally to support cardiovascular health*
- Use diluted on gums for a soothing effect
- Naturally repels insects
Clove Oil Product Description
Harvested from the unopened flower buds of an evergreen tree, Clove essential oil has a variety of uses spanning from cooking to oral care. As an essential oil with warming properties, Clove oil is a popular choice for adding spice to a meal, administering a massage, freshening the breath, and more. This unique oil has many everyday uses—making it a must-have for any essential oil collection.
doTERRA Clove Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Clove is much more than a popular cooking spice—it is a favorite among both healthcare professionals and health conscious individuals for its many useful and healing properties. It is also a powerful antioxidant. It’s not just a powerful antioxidant. It is the most powerful antioxidant plant that I know of. Clove essential oil has an ORAC score of 1,078,700, – compared to blueberries that are traditionally thought of as a high antioxidant food but only have a ORAC score of 2,400.
- Because of its warm, spicy characteristics, Clove essential oil makes the perfect addition to your favorite autumn or holiday recipes. This essential oil pumpkin pie recipe harnesses the delicious, spicy flavor of Clove, Ginger essential oil and Cinnamon essential oil to add a new twist to an old favorite. Whether you are getting ready to host a big holiday party, or you are looking for the perfect dessert for a crisp fall evening, this pumpkin pie recipe will soon become your go-to for the holiday season.
- Not only is the spicy, autumn aroma of Clove oil great for cooking, you can also enjoy the scent of Clove oil in your own homemade sugar scrub. Make your own skin exfoliating scrub at home by combining the fall scents of Cassia essential oil, Ginger essential oil, and Clove – and enjoy smooth, exfoliated skin. You’ll love this festive fall sugar scrub that smells like a crisp autumn day—take a look at the tutorial.
- Have you tried making your own potpourri using essential oils? Clove oil is a helpful addition to a homemade potpourri concoction, especially if you are trying to fill your home with the warm scents of autumn and winter. Use Cinnamon essential oil, Cassia essential oil, Vetiver essential oil, Wild Orange essential oil, Ginger essential oil, Cardamom essential oil, Clove and your other favorite oils to add an aroma to this homemade potpourri and enjoy the warming, spicy, and herbal scents of fall.
- Make a sweet treat for your loved ones with this delicious gingerbread cookie recipe. Obviously, you’ll need some Ginger essential oil, but you can amp up the taste of regular gingerbread cookies with some extra help from Cinnamon essential oil and Clove oil. These yummy gingerbread cookies are gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan, so they are perfect for any of your friends or family who have diet restrictions. Plus, they taste great!
- One major benefit of Clove oil is the cleansing and soothing properties it holds for the mouth and oral care. For years, Clove essential oil has been used in candies, gum, and dental preparations due to its ability to cleanse the mouth and help freshen breath. There are several ways to harness the cleansing and soothing benefits of Clove oil for the teeth, gums, and mouth at home. For example, place a single drop of Clove oil in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect. You can also add a drop of Clove to your toothbrush before adding toothpaste, which will promote clean teeth and fresh breath. For an extra clean feeling, apply one drop of Clove oil to your teeth and gums after your six-month appointment with your dentist.
- Because Clove is commonly known as a warming oil, it is often used for massage therapy. If you want to enjoy the benefits of a calming, warm massage at home, you can combine Clove essential oil with doTERRA Hand and Body lotion.
- Experience the invigorating scent of Clove oil by diffusing it during the fall and winter seasons. For a stimulating diffuser blend, diffuse three drops of Clove, two drops of Cinnamon essential oil, and one drop of Wild Orange essential oil in the essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- You can also add Clove oil to your daily supplement regimen to help promote wellness. To experience the benefits that Clove oil has to offer, consider adding two or three drops of the oil to a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take internally to support cardiovascular health.*
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
Clove Diffuser Blends
doTERRA Clove Oil Uses