Well-known for its use as a spice, Cinnamon Bark also has many health-promoting benefits.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop of Cinnamon to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse
- Place two to three drops in a spray bottle with water for a quick and effective cleaning spray
- During the winter months, dilute Cinnamon with Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints
- Place two to three drops in a doTERRA Veggie Cap to maintain a healthy immune system*
- Place one drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your throat*
- Add to your favorite recipes in place of ground cinnamon for a delightfully spicy flavor
- Supports healthy metabolic function*
- Naturally repels insects
- May promote healthy circulatory function
Cinnamon Product Description
Extracted from the bark of a tropical tree, Cinnamon Bark essential oil is fragrant, flavorful, and filled with many beneficial compounds. Cinnamon Bark oil contains cleansing properties that can help clean household surfaces. When taken internally, Cinnamon Bark oil benefits the body by supporting healthy metabolic function while also maintaining healthy immune function.* Because Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains a high amount of cinnamaldehyde, only one or two drops of oil are needed for internal benefits.* Similarly, Cinnamon Bark oil should also be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. With its sweet and spicy aroma, Cinnamon Bark is a great oil for the diffuser and can even help to naturally repel insects. Along with its internal and external uses and benefits, Cinnamon Bark essential oil has been long used for its ability to enhance the flavor of drinks, breads, desserts, and entrees.
doTERRA Cinnamon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Go to bed with a fresh feeling in your mouth by using this Cinnamon Bark essential oil mouth wash. This quick rinse is simple and can be easily adapted to your nightly routine. For this effective evening mouth wash, just add one drop of Cinnamon Bark to two ounces of water and gargle. Due to Cinnamon Bark oil’s natural cleansing properties, this rinse will leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
- Don’t let cold, achy joints get the best of you. During the winter months, dilute Cinnamon Bark essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and use during a massage to warm those sore and tender areas. Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains powerful properties that can help create a warming sensation while also emitting its sweet and spicy aroma.
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains a spicy and sweet flavor that is desirable in many food dishes. Because its properties are so similar to ground cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark essential oil makes a quick and easy replacement for this powdered spice. In your next recipe including ground cinnamon, switch out ground cinnamon for Cinnamon Bark essential oil for a delightfully spicy flavor.
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil can be taken internally to provide powerful benefits for the body. To obtain these internal benefits, put two drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil in an empty Veggie Capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.* Using Cinnamon Bark internally can also support healthy metabolic function.*
- Yams—they are either loved or hated. Turn a yam hater into a yam lover with this Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole. This essential oil recipe is sweet and creamy and provides an array of nutrients from its organic ingredients. Topped with pecans and spiced with Cinnamon Bark essential oil, this amazing dish will not be ignored at the dinner table.
- Every year, new studies are published on plants and their natural chemical components that help determine their beneficial properties. Due to technology and research advancements, researchers are able to find new information about plants and their benefits and uses. One of these new studies have shown that the organic chemicals found in Cinnamon Bark essential oil may promote healthy circulatory function.*
- Imagine waking up in the morning, your stomach hungry for a good breakfast. Your taste buds tell you they want something sweet, but you are also craving something healthy. You then go to your kitchen and remember you’ve made a tasty and healthy Cinnamon Apple Cake. As you take your first bite of this apple deliciousness, you couldn’t imagine a better choice for a sweet yet healthy breakfast. This could be your reality! Cinnamon Apple Cake is a delicious vegan cake infused with Cinnamon Bark essential oil. This essential oil recipe is filled with needed nutrients and will be sure to satisfy crowds or your quiet morning cravings.
- Instead of unhealthy potato chips, make something crispy and sweet with this Cinnamon Apple Chips essential oil recipe. This recipe contains three simple ingredients including apples, a tablespoon of a sweetener of your choice, and Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Bursting with flavor, these apple chips are tasty and guilt-free. Eat them during a movie, bring them to a party, or pack them in your children’s lunchbox for a healthy alternative to processed foods. It doesn’t take long for this recipe to make it to “favorite” status.
- Looking for a natural and effective cleaner? Your search ends here. Place two to three drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil into a spray bottle with water and you have your very own quick and effective cleaning spray. The natural cleansing properties of Cinnamon Bark oil can be used on a variety of different surfaces, making this spray a great item to have on hand. Cinnamon Bark essential oil spray can also be used as a safe alternative to other surface sprays that may contain harmful and toxic chemicals.
- Harness the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie in a mini version that everyone will love. Mini Pumpkin Pies infused with Cinnamon Essential Oil, Ginger Essential Oil, and Clove Essential Oil essential oils provide all the flavors of traditional pumpkin pie with an added kick of essential oil spice. Make this recipe a holiday go-to and serve as a dessert or as a finger food dish for holiday festivities.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.