Want to know about cardamom essential oil? I have included all there is to know about doTERRA cardamom essential oil uses including Diffuser & food recipes.
Through a collaborative sourcing initiative in Guatemala, doTERRA retrieves high-quality Cardamom seeds which are distilled into Cardamom essential oil that can assist with gastrointestinal and respiratory health.*
- May help to ease occasional indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health*
- Promotes clear breathing and maintains respiratory health*
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking for a great Indian flavor
- Take internally to help alleviate occasional feelings of stomach discomfort*
- For feelings of mental clarity
- Breathe in for a sense of openness and a clear head
- Blends well with Lavender and Clove
- Apply to the chest while planting flowers or cutting grass
- Take a drop or two internally after over-indulging at dinner*
- Delivers a cooling sensation on the skin
Known as the “queen of spices” in the cooking world, cardamom is a popular spice used around the globe in a variety of dishes. While cardamom is a flavorful, distinctive spice, the essential oil that comes from cardamom seeds has uses that reach far beyond the kitchen. With calming and soothing properties, Cardamom can ease digestion,* promote feelings of clear breathing,* alleviate stomach discomfort,* and more.
Uses and Benefits
- The chemical makeup of Cardamom makes it a calming oil—allowing it to provide soothing effects for the digestive system when ingested. Cardamom oil can be used to slow down muscle contractions in the intestines and to ease bowel looseness,* which is why it is commonly taken to aid in digestion.* Consider taking Cardamom oil internally when experiencing occasional feelings of stomach discomfort, or after over-indulging at dinner.* When taken internally, it is best to dilute one drop of Cardamom oil in 4 oz. of liquid.
- Just as Cardamom oil can be used to calm the digestive system, its aroma can also be calming and soothing. When using Cardamom to promote a sense of openness or feelings of mental clarity, consider diffusing the oil in the essential oil diffuser of your choice. Diffusing Cardamom oil helps promote a sense of a clear head, offering an overall soothing and calming feeling.
- The calming and soothing properties of Cardamom can also be experienced when used topically. When you want to soothe or cool your skin, apply Cardamom oil on the skin for a cooling, refreshing sensation. Remember, when applying Cardamom to the skin, apply one or two drops to the area and dilute the oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to help avoid skin irritation or sensitivity.
- Freshly ground Cardamom seeds are used widely in the culinary world; you can use Cardamom oil in place of cardamom seeds to enhance the flavor of many recipes. The minty flavor and scent of Cardamom have made it a popular ingredient in traditional Indian sweets and teas. It is also used in curry dishes due to its warm, spicy aroma and flavor. As a companion to coffees, teas, sauces, and pastries, Cardamom is truly “queen of the spices.” Next time you are cooking, consider adding Cardamom oil to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enrich food flavor and to aid digestion.*
- Another internal benefit of Cardamom is its ability to promote clear airways and breathing and aid in respiratory health.* It is a key ingredient in the doTERRA Breathe Respiratory Blend and Respiratory Drops.
- Cardamom has a unique, pungent aroma that makes it useful around the home when you want an inviting, warm scent to fill the room. Cardamom oil’s spicy, warm, balsamic aroma is the perfect addition to any cozy home—particularly in the fall and winter. If you want to spread the unique fragrance of Cardamom around your own home, try making your own potpourri with Cardamom oil. You can place it anywhere you want a spicy and warm aroma.
- Looking for a way to use Cardamom in the kitchen? This Cardamom recipe with molasses and oatmeal will be your new favorite once you give it a try. Visit the blog to learn how to make these delicious Hearty Cardamom Oatmeal-Molasses Rolls with doTERRA Cardamom, and add a new recipe to your book.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.