Here you can learn about arborvitae doTERRA essential oil uses with recipes. I explain all about arborvitae doTERRA and all the ways you can use it and how to use it.
With natural preservation properties, essential oil from the native Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent, while providing a warm, earthy aroma.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Naturally repels insects
- Preserves wood naturally
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands for a protecting solution
- Diffuse to purify the air
- Diffuse for a grounding aroma
- Mix four drops of Arborvitae and two drops of Lemon with a carrier oil for an effective wood preservative and polish
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm
- Mix in with mulch while gardening
- Create your own cologne with Cedarwood, Arborvitae, and Frankincense
Arborvitae doTERRA Essential Oil Uses – Product Description
The following are all the Arborvitae uses and benefits to help you decide if this is a good essential oil for you to try. It is sourced from the Arborvitae tree near Vancouver, Canada by using the sawdust leftover from cutting down the trees so it is considered a wood oil and has a very unique odor.
It is a very special oil and is unique to doTERRA because of a special agreement and doTERRA is the only ones in the entire world to have it. The trees are harvested in a very sustainable green method and the sawdust and water used in the distillation process is cleaned and re-used by paper mills or put back in the environment.
There are many different species of the arborvitae tree and this one was specifically chosen because it’s safe and non-toxic, unlike most of the species of the arborvitae tree. Arborvitae is the only oil that contains tropolones, which are strongly bioactive.
These trees can be thousands of years old, be dead and lying on the ground but still not be deteriorated at all. These trees live to be over a thousand years old, are massive and have a very strong immune system and now we can experience the benefits of this oil.
Native to the Pacific Northwest of the United States, Arborvitae is a majestic evergreen coniferous tree that is valued for its many unique benefits. The variety of chemical components found in Arborvitaemakes it a must-have for wood preservation.
Arborvitae has natural preserving properties that keep wood from rotting. Because of this unique preservation ability, Arborvitae is often used in woodcraft and for protecting wood surfaces. The wood and natural components of Arborvitae are also recognized by Native Americans, who used it for making vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing.
Arborvitae not only protects wood, but its organic elements also safeguard individuals against environmental and seasonal threats as an effective cleanser. The essential oil produced from Arborvitae trees is ideal for using aromatically and topically for cleansing and purifying.
Arborvitae oil also makes a great companion for outdoor activity as it acts as a natural insect repellant. With so many beneficial qualities and uses, there is no question as to why Arborvitae has earned the nickname “tree of life.”
Arborvitae doTERRA Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Turn Arborvitae oil into a household spray with this easy do-it-yourself. Add a few drops of Arborvitae into a spray bottle and add water. Use this spray on surfaces or on hands. Arborvitae oil is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent. By incorporating this spray into your home, you can protect yourself and your family against seasonal and environmental threats while keeping your house fresh and clean.
- Do you love the great outdoors, but dislike the many bugs? You’re not alone. Bugs can turn an outdoor adventure into an uncomfortable situation. Make sure to avoid any discomforts that bugs may bring by packing Arborvitae for your next outing. Arborvitae oil is great for hiking and camping due to its chemical components—tropolones. Tropolones have chemical properties that act as a natural insect repellant. Because Arborvitae oil is rich with these organic chemicals, Arborvitae helps repel local bugs. For an enjoyable hiking or outdoor experience, apply Arborvitae to your wrists and ankles.
- Certain seasons can often bring unwanted creepy crawlies into the house. Don’t let those bugs get the best of you, use Arborvitae oil! Place a few drops of Arborvitaeinto a diffuser and let the warm aroma fill your house. Because Arborvitae is composed of many tropolones, the oil acts as a natural bug repellant. So while you enjoy the woody scents of Arborvitae, you can sit back and relax, knowing that the little critters are doing their best to leave your house in peace.
- Looking for ways to preserve wood? Try this essential oil mix with Arborvitae. Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae oil and 2 drops of Lemon for a natural wood preservative. The properties of Arborvitae work well as a preservative and can help protect wood from rotting. Because of the natural components of Arborvitae, the oil is often used in woodwork or in dealing with wood products to keep wood healthy, fresh, and preserved for long-time use.
- Arborvitae has the ability to inspire feelings of peace and calm. If you are looking for a great way to unwind after a long day, place a few drops of Arborvitae oil into a diffuser or rub a drop of Arborvitae oil onto your wrists to produce a sense of peace and calm. Additionally, using Arborvitae during yoga or Pilates can increase the effectivity of your experience by inducing feelings of soothing relaxation. Diffusing Arborvitae can also help purify the air and provide a grounding aroma.
- Bring your furniture back to life with this DIY Wood Polish with essential oils. If you want to keep wood looking fresh and clean, it is important to invest in proper cleaning supplies and a good routine. One of the most effective ways to clean wood is by using a wood polish that is natural and free of any harmful chemicals. Many commercial wood polishes contain chemicals and artificial fragrances that can cause irritation or health problems when not applied with proper safety precautions. Follow the instructions to this homemade solution to create a natural wood polish that is free of harmful toxins. Add Arborvitae to this polish mix to help protect wood furniture from environmental threats and rotting. This polish will also help produce a fresh, healthy shine to wood. This DIY wood polish also works well with cleaning and preserving wood floors. Wood furniture should only be polished every couple of months, but make sure to maintain the look and quality of your wood furniture by frequently dusting it or wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth. This will help to keep dust and damaging substances away from the wood and will help keep the wood from looking aged.
- Create your own musky outdoor cologne with Arborvitae. Arborvitae oil’s aroma is woody and warm and when combined with Cedarwood and Frankincense, provides an invigorating aroma, perfect for a fresh cologne scent. Using these oils together will create a great cologne for any occasion and will also produce a fragrance that uplifts and relaxes the senses.
Arborvitae doTERRA Essential Oil Uses – Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* Statements with asterisks refer to internal use. All others refer to aromatic or topical use.
doTERRA Arborvitae Uses
Sourcing doTERRA Arborvitae Essential Oil Video
Arborvitae Diffuser Blends
Arborvitae for Meditation
Diffuse Arborvitae the next time you do yoga or meditate for a grounding aroma.