Child-Friendly Essential Oil Candy Creams Recipe
My daughter loves to makes these candy creams because they are so fast, easy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36 - 40 candies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Egg White
- 2–3 cups Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- Essential Oils (for flavoring)
- Place the egg white in a mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk until frothy, but not stiff.
- Stir the powdered sugar into the egg white until it is too stiff to stir any longer.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix it with your hands until it is the consistency of a firm dough. You may not use all of the powdered sugar. I only needed about 2 1/2 cups total.
- Divide the dough into four sections and place in small bowls. Add a little bit of food coloring to each bowl, correlating it with the flavors you will be using.
- Pour 2 drops of essential oil into each bowl, correlating it with the food colors you used.
- Mix each bowl of candy dough, essential oil, and food coloring together with your hands.
- Roll the dough into a log shape, fold in half, and roll again, repeating this until the color is evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Add a little more powdered sugar to your hands if it starts to become sticky.
- Divide the dough into sections that are about 1-1/2 teaspoons in volume.
- Roll each piece into a ball and press it down with the tines of a fork.
- Let the candies cure for 12-24 hours.
Keywords: Fast, Easy, Delicious