Here you can learn about the doTERRA Intro Kit.
The doTERRA Intro Kit (which includes the doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil & Lavender Essential Oil oils) has so many widely varied and valuable uses! Below are 101 “Tried & Tested” Uses for the doTERRA Intro Kit that you will absolutely love! You won’t believe how many different ways you can use doTERRA oils!
See how great these oils are? There is such a wide range of benefits for any home. Think of something you need help with and I bet one of these oils will help. And, this is just the beginning… Enjoy the many uses of your doTERRA Intro Kit 🙂 .
If you enjoy your doTERRA Intro Kit you may also enjoy these essential oils:
Lemon Essential Oil
1. A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Tame Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
4. Clean the Disgusting. You can add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range hood, on your tables, countertops and other surfaces. For some extra chemical-free firepower, a little vinegar is a traditional favorite.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. When you clean the gunky build up in your shower, do you practically have to wear a gas mask to survive the fumes? Go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water build up.
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Whether you ride a Harley in style or cherish the patina of your leather sofa at home, your leathers are not maintenance free. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to preserve them, and prevent leather from splitting.
7. High Ho Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals. You may not eat on silver every day, but bracelets, earrings, necklaces often need some love.
8. Deactivate the Sticky. Lemon oil can help you avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Got kids with obsessive addictions to stickers or temporary tattoos? Works for those too.
9. Love Your Luster. Bring your furniture back to life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Your Stainless. You don’t need to hunt down that “single use” stainless steel cleaner anymore. Multi-use lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. You’ll love the way stainless looks and smells!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. What is living in the pores of your natural stone counters or floors? Lemon oil cleans deeply, seeps into stone and leaves you with a “real fresh lemons” aroma, rather than that fake lemon chemical smell.
13. Quarantine Pungencies. Kid’s sneakers, a baby’s blowout, potty training … it all adds up to an less than desirable aroma. Diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
14. Take the Spine Out of Scuffs. Got a scuff mark that just won’t go away? Lemon oil lifts scuff marks in remarkable ways!
15. Curtail the Old. Things get stored away. Things get old. Things don’t see the light of day. Chase away that “old smell” and inject new energy with a good lemon oil wipe down.
16. Stop Cutting Board Palooza. Cutting boards should be cleaned regularly. But nobody wants to taste the chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the taste of lemon!
17. Control an Aphid Invasion, Naturally. Aphids — those pesky little bugs that dine on your roses and other plants. Lemon oil (or peppermint) with water in a garden spray bottle are a natural insect repeller that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave your plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Your dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better!
Cooking & Food
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
22. Pep Up Your Entrées. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad.
23. Preserve What You’ve Got. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving.
Body & Mind
24. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. When used with a humidifier, it’s a great way to slow upper respiratory problems.
26. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using it with your hair product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
27. Nailed It! Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
28. Halt the Nervous Nellie, In You. When combined with lavender oil and diffused into a room, you’ll find you have less anxious feelings and are in a better mood.
29. Clear Thinking & Clear Focus, Made Visible. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook. It’s all good. Real good. Diffuse lemon oil and you got it.
30. Cleanse. Lemon naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
31. Nice Mood … No Really. Chase away the moody blues (not the band), with a bit of blah-reducing lemon oil. Whether you choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
32. Was That a Crusty? Next time you notice hard, crusty skin on your feet, regularly add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll soon have softened skin!
33. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil can help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade exfoliant, add 4-5 drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub. Feels great!
Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Calm a Tempest. Just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach or taken internally can help reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion. A must-have when traveling!
2. Restore Vitality in the Mouth. When your breath is sharp and your mouth feels furry, peppermint oil with water (and lemon oil) creates a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse that leaves a lasting crisp, clean feeling.
3. It’s About Air Flow. Diffuse peppermint oil (or apply topically on the chest) to promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
4. Cool the Joints. When the ravages of time wreak havoc on your joints, leaving that hot and achy feeling, peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil cools like an ice bath, but you to stay warm and dry.
6. Cool Your Tootsies. If you’ve been on your feet all day or religiously wear hard-soled shoes, just add peppermint oil to a cold water compress to cool your overworked, overheated tootsies.
7. Perk Up. The invigorating aroma of peppermint is a wonderful, non-stimulating way to perk up on long drives, in school, during late night homework or any other time you need to “burn the midnight oil.”
8. Energize Your Lather. Some shampoo and conditioner combos can make you want to go back to sleep. No energy. No pep. No fun. Not good. Add peppermint to your potions to stimulate the scalp, energize and wake up!
9. Seasonal Threats Beware. Peppermint oil has the ability to relax muscles in the body — the same muscles that line our airways and become affected when outdoors. Peppermint oil (with lemon) should certainly be another arrow to minimize the effects of seasonal changes.
10. Chase Away Tension. A few drops of peppermint dabbed on your temples, neck, and sinuses can quickly spring into action and chase that tension away!
11. Help Kids Get on the Ball. The next time Junior is a little unresponsive to all that is going on with school and homework, try spritzing a little peppermint on his shirt before study time, placing a drop on the tongue or under the nose for improved concentration and alertness.
12. Seep, Soak & Revitalize. After a long day, apply peppermint, let it seep in and then soak in a warm bath or shower. The refreshing peppermint vapor will make you feel cool, relaxed and energized again.
13. Add a Refreshing Kick to Your Tea. Just one drop of peppermint oil can add life to any herbal tea (without having to add lots of sugar) while also aiding in normal digestion.
14. A “Should I Work Out Today?” Antidote. You ask yourself this question. It’s OK. Using peppermint oil prior to exercise immediately awakens your senses and gets you in your right mind so you can crank.
15. A Snack Vendor’s Nightmare. When you get that mid-morning craving, diffuse peppermint oil to reign in the urge to snack on junk food, or anything else that might appear before you.
Cooking & Food
16. Add Zip to All Things Chocolate. Enhance your chocolate in a gazillion ways: gourmet hot chocolate, mint brownie frosting, peppermint bark, peppermint patties, peppermint brownies, peppermint chocolate Bundt cake, red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate peppermint cream cheese, yum!
Body & Mind
19. Wake Up Your Mind. Peppermint oil activates the limbic function in your brain. The limbic function helps control things like emotions and long-term memory and is related to olfactory structures in your nose.
21. Theme Park Relief. If you’ve got that “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just went on a spinning ride” feeling, four or five drops of peppermint rubbed on the stomach can calm stomach muscles and help dispel discomfort.
22. Travel to the Arctic, Without Traveling. When you add a few drops of peppermint to your ice water, it not only improves the taste but also leaves you with a feeling of cool, refreshing arctic wind in your airways!
23. Burrow No More. If you find a tick has decided to make your skin its home, just give that tick a nice bath of peppermint oil with a cotton swab. The tick will stop burrowing, remove its head and then he’s yours.
24. Don’t Make It Easy on the Critters. Many household bugs do not like peppermint oil — ants, aphids, beetles, plant lice, mice, and cockroaches try to steer clear of peppermint. Just add to water in a spray bottle and spray where you think pests grace you with their presence!
25. Clean Naturally. Peppermint oil is a wonderful natural cleaning agent. Spray on countertops and bathroom surfaces, scrub, and enjoy cleaner clean.
26. Sleep Like a Baby. If you find you are having a hard time sleeping, peppermint oil helps activate cold-sensitive receptors in the skin and mucosal tissues. When used this way, it may help you sleep like a baby.
27. Quell Apathy. When you’re with someone who feels gloomy or like they “just don’t care”, ask them to try peppermint oil (aromatically, topically, or internally) to stimulate their mental sharpness and focus.
30. Alleviate Internal Strife. When used topically or internally, peppermint is a favorite to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
31. For That “Marathon in Clogs” Feeling. When you feel like you’ve just run a marathon in clogs, and your feet are a hot mess of ouch, massage peppermint oil onto aching feet, joints, and strained muscles.
32. Leap from Lethargic. Feeling lethargic or in a brain fog? Peppermint has been known to improve blood circulation and awareness, leaving you with an energized, awake feeling.
33. Go Eight-Leg Free. When you diffuse peppermint into the room, you’ll notice fewer spiders. Why? They don’t like it. It’s safe, contains no harsh chemicals or pesticides. It doesn’t kill the spiders but forces them out.
Lavender Essential Oil
1. Chase Away Stagnant Closet Air. You know that smell. Fabrics of all variety, shoes for every occasion, plus a dirty clothes bin and no fresh air can only equal one thing…you need lavender. Whether diffused, drizzled on earthenware, or dripped on cotton balls, chase stagnancy away!
2. Take the Bite Out of It. Insects, creepies, and crawlies are not too fond of the smell of lavender. In fact, they hate it. If you forget to go the prevention route, lavender is soothing to the skin.
3. A Multi-Purpose Spray. Next time you are sitting in traffic, pull out a spray bottle filled with a lavender and water mixture and freshen your car. Who wouldn’t prefer a car smelling like lavender?
4. Kids Won’t Go Down? Lavender drops on their pillows … it’s like magic. It will help ease their mind, calm them down, make bedtime a bit more rewarding, and best of all … lull them into a restful sleep.
6. Take the Acid Out of Vinegar. If you clean with vinegar, but can barely stay vertical while using it, lavender is the answer. Just add lavender and vinegar together in the spray bottle and you’re set!
7. Therapeutic Dish or Laundry Soap. If your liquid soap smells a bit flat, you can add lavender for additional aromatherapy benefits and cleaning properties. It transforms your cleaning experience!
8. Lovable Linens. What does your linen closet smell like? Probably cotton. Maybe old cotton. Energize your linens with lovely smelling lavender. It leaves no oil marks and leaves things invigoratingly fresh.
10. Wood Floors, Like New. A tired wood floor is, well … tired. Commercial floor polishes often contain harsh chemicals. Woods love oil. Just add lavender to your cleaning system and your floor can look like new!
11. Help That Trusty Ball Cap. A well-worn, much-loved ball cap can look great but smell like a wild animal. Add 4-5 drops of lavender to make it bearable. It will be your favorite hat if you have a head tension too!
12. Change Your Sheets, Refresh Your Mattress. Unfortunately, your mattress can be neglected, and have that “wires, foam and fabric” smell. Add lavender when you change your sheets and neglect no more!
13. Homemade Room Freshener. Put baking soda and 5-6 drops of lavender oil in a small Mason jar. Punch holes in the lid. Place in smelly areas (near a garbage can, dirty clothes), shake jar often. Smile.
16. Sweet Smelling Vacuum Bags. Your vacuum can be your nemesis when it comes to keeping your home smelling clean. As you well know, it can even blow microfine dirt! Pin some cotton balls (soaked in lemon and lavender oils) on the inside of the bag and let your vacuum blow!
Cooking & Food
Lavender is one of the most versatile and soothing of all essential oils. Because dōTERRA oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®, you can be assured that they make a delightful companion to many types of food! Think of the possibilities …
17. Soften Citrus Flavors. Use in delicate lemon sauces for chicken or fish or in powerful orange marmalades, citrus salads, real lemonade and more!
20. Give Your Sugars a Delightful Twist. Use as a substitute for vanilla extract (in creams, custards, and sugars), use it in lavender icing, add to honey for extra flavor in tea or toast, and even maple syrup!
Body & Mind
21. The Oatmeal Secret. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, and add 5-8 drops of lavender oil. When it’s time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub! A little goes a long way.
22. Rub a Dub Dub. Rather than using regular soap and warm water at baby’s bath time, add about five drops of lavender oil to the warm water. Your tot’s skin will be pampered and smell great!
23. Soak Away Stress. Your muscles are tight. Feeling anxious and deadlines are eating at you. Your heart is racing. Where’s the pressure release valve? Right here, with lavender. Add to a warm bath, soak it in, soothe.
24. Let Vapor Talk. Wet your hair in the shower. Add 4 drops of lavender to a handful of water and work it into your hands and hair. Tilt your head down, under the water and capture the aroma instilled vapor as it melts off your hands and hair. You’ll love how it smells, and how your hair feels!
25. Target Blemishes at the Source. Lavender reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
26. Minor Burns, Major Relief. When you’ve slightly overdone it in the sun, a little lavender oil is helpful in preventing peeling skin. It aids in your skin’s healing without scarring as well!
27. Boo Boo Relief. Lavender is great for the skin, and wonderful for relief from cuts and scrapes, especially if the cut or scrape is located wherever it’s difficult to keep covered.
30. Horrific Heels & Foot Fatigue. If you’ve been wearing sandals all summer, and your heels look like the Atacama Desert, 6 drops of lavender in a hot foot bath is the answer. Your porous feet will thank you.
32. A Hood of Wonder. Lavender may help to support healthy immune function and response during times of seasonal threats. Add 4-6 drops to a bowl of hot water. Place a towel over your head, and inhale the vapor slowly and deeply.
33. A Woodworker’s Friend. Do you work with wood or handle wood? Rather than dig a hole in your finger trying to catch that splinter, add a few drops of lavender, let the splinter swell and slip out.
34. Goodbye, Flo. Lavender can be particularly calming and support healthy moods during menstruation and menopause.
35. Fortify Your First Aid Kit. There are many dōTERRA products that would be tres glam additions to your First-Aid kit, but if you could only pick one, Lavender should be it. Why? Basic First-Aid kits are often geared toward soothing the skin and lavender is great for that, not to mention its calming properties!
I hope you enjoy your doTERRA Intro Kit as much as I have enjoyed mine.